Ensign
# 1 My Mac Client will not launch
11-20-2013, 09:18 AM
The launcher looks weird i can sigh in but the button will not let me "engage".
not sure how to post pics. but will email if needed
Ensign
# 2
11-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Command + Shift + 4 will allow you to get a chosen area screen capture of what you're seeing, you can then post the image here to show what you're seeing :-)
Ensign
# 3 Launcher Woes
11-21-2013, 09:19 AM
I agree with this problem and would like to add the following:
  1. When exiting via the in game options, the launcher inactivates. Though the episodes, sales, etc display you can not close, click, etc. You must force quit.
  2. When I launch STO, the launcher does not appear. I must Launch, Force Quit, Launch, Force Quit, until the launcher does appear.

Naturally I blame Barry Manilow for these issues, but any help would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiphos83 View Post
I agree with this problem and would like to add the following:
  1. When exiting via the in game options, the launcher inactivates. Though the episodes, sales, etc display you can not close, click, etc. You must force quit.
  2. When I launch STO, the launcher does not appear. I must Launch, Force Quit, Launch, Force Quit, until the launcher does appear.

Naturally I blame Barry Manilow for these issues, but any help would be appreciated.
It's happening to most of us using the Mac Beta. Looks like the only solution is the next Mac Client update.
Ensign
# 5
11-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Ask and you shall receive. With the new launcher patches, it works fine. Naturally I would like to thank you for this darkelipse04.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-21-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiphos83 View Post
Ask and you shall receive. With the new launcher patches, it works fine. Naturally I would like to thank you for this darkelipse04.
Lol, now it's freezing on me MORE after the patch oy.

I think I'll just play it in Bootcamp for a while.
Career Officer
# 7
11-22-2013, 10:25 AM
I see this issue after the latest update. Tried to start the launcher, had to force quit, started it again, had to force quit, started it again and nothing happened aside from the patch window just flashing real quick before disappearing. And then, on like the fifth try a download started and patched the launcher and it worked.

I guess the client right now is like an old car. Have to try several times before it starts!
Ensign
# 8
11-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I can't even force quit. Only 1 out of ten times do I even get a launcher and that ONE time I was able to engage. Otherwise every time it fails to start I have to manually restart my computer because my computer wont shutdown with the app running.
Ensign
# 9
11-24-2013, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hachans View Post
I guess the client right now is like an old car. Have to try several times before it starts!
That is the best analogy I can think of =). Going through the same issues here