Ensign
# 1 Invalid Pin from Card
11-21-2013, 10:57 AM
I am getting an invalid pin error. I have a Perfect World card that I bought this morning, It has nine digits with spaces, and is a $25 dollar card. I paid for it with a CC, and the guy at the store says that is is activated. I have the receipt here. I already have a Ticket, but I have no idea now long that will take. Hours, days, months, I have no idea and no time frame was given. There is also nothing to indicate if I put the pin number in with spaces or not, and I cannot find any forum posts about it.

The only thing I found odd, was a reference to cards having ten digits instead of nine. Mine has nine, and I don't know what to do, is this legit?

Also, I have seen moderators post to a site that is supposed to be for the card manufacturer, but the link always seems to go to a 404 website.

I enjoy the game, but if this stuff is going on, I won't bother with it and won't invest any more money into it. If this is resolved, my trust is restored, and I continue. If not, then I am out. I want to keep playing.

So...any ideas?
Rihannsu
# 2
11-21-2013, 11:03 AM
You're right, I got one the other day, it's got a ten digit code. Yours could be a missprint, hardly a reason to quit the game, you could try returning it to the store and exchanging it for another.

Another thing to check, is this a PWE card, or one of those multi game cards like the UGC or Rixty cards? Maybe you entered it in the wrong category.

Last edited by f9thaceshigh; 11-21-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Ensign
# 3
11-21-2013, 11:09 AM
I tried that, he wouldn't. The card number is listed as XXX XXX XXX There are NO indications of there being another digit anyplace. No marks or anything. If it should be a ten digit card, what is the correct format? Also I am in Canada, so the card is a little different and has English and French on it. Could it be nine digits because it's Canadian?

The image on the card has an oriental woman in orange on the right side, and on the left side is a guy in some black armor. I have seen some forum posts say that some types of cards are outdated and not usable, some other posts say the cards never expire.

It looks like this, but says $25 on it.

http://img1.targetimg1.com/wcsstore/...1307051045.jpg

Last edited by tenjeff; 11-21-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Rihannsu
# 4
11-21-2013, 11:21 AM
yeah, that's one of the old cards, the card I got is a new one, it has two manga style characters and a tiger on the front, and it could be loaded with either $10, $25 or $50. my code was formatted xxx xxx xxxx. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the old ones on hand to see if they had nine digit codes or not (as it is I had to dig in my trash can to find that newer one.) What you could do, in case that last digit was accidentally rubbed off when you scratched the card, is try the code with a number from 0-9 on the end.

Last edited by f9thaceshigh; 11-21-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Ensign
# 5
11-21-2013, 11:26 AM
So, older cards have nine digits. How old is older? Two years? Three? Are they still valid?
Rihannsu
# 6
11-21-2013, 11:29 AM
I couldn't tell you for sure if the old cards had nine digits, I couldn't find one, remember. I'm pretty sure the change was recent, within the last few months, I only just started seeing the new cards recently.
Ensign
# 7
11-21-2013, 11:39 AM
So it isn't too old then. Missing something someplace, there has to be a reason for this.
Ensign
# 8
11-21-2013, 11:48 AM
My Girlfriend just saved my life. It turns out, that I had scratched off the last number! She was able to examine the card, and saw the indent of where the final number was. it's all good now. Hope this helps other people too.