Starfleet Veteran
I really do like this new rep system. Leveling up on it is very fast. One thing I noticed is that even though the projects all cost the same and the always give a box reward it is a different mission for each tier. This is done for the loot table in the give away box.

What I like is that if you have a large commendation for t2 and then complete the complete the upgrade project you can slot a second commendation project beside it. It is a nice large boost at once.

http://i.imgur.com/c2Gf1dV.png
Republic Veteran
# 2
11-22-2013, 01:44 PM
yeah, i did that myself once. though the big question is. is it intended or a bug.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 3
11-22-2013, 02:23 PM
You know, it's actually not that much faster. It's about the same speed as the other rep systems if you actually look at it. Yes, the 2500 every 20 hours AND 150 per hour is different from the original 2800 per 20 hours, but in actuality, unless you're micromanaging the rep, you're going to level at about the same rate.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Republic Veteran
# 4
11-23-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
You know, it's actually not that much faster. It's about the same speed as the other rep systems if you actually look at it. Yes, the 2500 every 20 hours AND 150 per hour is different from the original 2800 per 20 hours, but in actuality, unless you're micromanaging the rep, you're going to level at about the same rate.
yes, but he's pointing out in that picture that sometimes you can run 2 of the 2500 ,issions, meaning 5000 in 20 hours.

and if you think of it, 2 hour play window, you could theoretically start 3 of the 150 missions, thus making it faster, especially if your only focusing on one char for dyson rep to quickly get it to t5 to get sponsorship out quicker.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 5
11-23-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Would you say the new system is slower?

If a player were to activate the 2,500xp and 150xp projects, without returning within an hour, the individual will be 150xp short the next day. Unless a player stays in game for more than a hour, the individual will not see any type of benefit. In order to get past the 2,800xp mark, players will need to stay on for over two hours.

I would rather activate one 2,800xp project, so I do not have to worry about anything.

*click, done, and wait*

Cryptic should have made the bigger project give 2,800xp; therefore, the 150xp projects could be used as an hourly bonus. Regardless about your playing style, you could walk away with a minimum of 150xp extra.

Last edited by linyive; 11-23-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Captain
# 6
11-23-2013, 01:57 PM
I sometimes log in for 5-10 minutes at several points of the day, to check stuff or sell something. I then also slot another 150xp project. This way I find myself slotting up to 5 or even 6 of those a day, some days, while being online for only about 1-1,5 hour total.

*shrug*

Moral of the story: this system's better for some, worse for others.
Career Officer
# 7
11-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post

What I like is that if you have a large commendation for t2 and then complete the complete the upgrade project you can slot a second commendation project beside it. It is a nice large boost at once.

http://i.imgur.com/c2Gf1dV.png
I too noticed this, shall we, call new "feature" and not "bug" first with my tier 1 upgrade which I was able to reproduce during my subsequent tier 2 and 3 upgrades. You can even chain the dual 2500 rep projects back to back for a 10,000 point gain in two days!

http://imageshack.us/a/img191/2263/wduz.png

Quote:
unless you're micromanaging the rep, you're going to level at about the same rate.
I do micromanage my hourly rep when I'm home first ensuring a good supply of dyson marks and than setting a timer for an hour to keep the project going while i'm doing other non-STO things.

But as you can see in my pic link I'm currently at 47,050 points and in 4hrs over 49K. During the same amount of days (11) under the old system I would only be at 30,800. I'm six and half days ahead of schedule this rep as opposed to the old rep and I'm only doing the large reps once ever 24hrs not 20hrs.

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/8391/j3qw.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
and if you think of it, 2 hour play window, you could theoretically start 3 of the 150 missions, thus making it faster, especially if your only focusing on one char for dyson rep to quickly get it to t5 to get sponsorship out quicker.
That's exactly what I'm doing. Pounding this rep with my main toon then passing off the sponsorship tokens to my other 5 alts. I salivate to the fact the I maybe able to run dual 5000 point missions back to back two days in a row for a 20,000 point gain!

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
Come Visit the 44th Fleet