Captain
Hey Frost,

I was wondering if you could research this situation, of if you know offhand.

Before Legacy of Romulus and the implementation of "weighting" based on criteria other than the 5 stars, the Foundry lists showed quite a lot of missions. Probably around 300, if I recall. The UI looked like this, and it would load more if you scrolled down:

http://www.startrek.com/uploads/asse...est_blog_3.jpg

When LoR hit, the Foundry was often turned off at a time of server issues, and then suddenly, if I recall, the listings only showed around 50-60 missions in the top-rated, and maybe more in "hot" or "new."

Now it looks like this: http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/up...st-Foundry.jpg

So, I'm wondering if someone temporarily limited the ability to scroll down and see more in the "top rated" and other categories in order to help with the launch of LoR, but then never re-enabled the feature.

Was it by accident or by design that we went from seeing long lists of missions to short lists of missions?

Thanks!

Last edited by kirksplat; 11-24-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Ensign
# 2
11-22-2013, 02:08 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-22-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-22-2013, 02:17 PM
It's definitely a valid question. I know I put it on the master bug list.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 4
11-22-2013, 02:56 PM
I've mentioned it in previous threads but I'd like it if it would show more!

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 5
11-23-2013, 10:38 AM
With only 50 search results most authors toil at making missions only to have them go unplayed.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 6
11-25-2013, 11:33 AM
And at least half the top fifty are ****ing farmers.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 7
11-26-2013, 11:22 AM
i'd personally love it if grinders defaulted to hidden unless you specifically search for them

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Captain
# 8
11-26-2013, 11:34 AM
The grinders should all be deleted, period.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 9
11-26-2013, 12:54 PM
I find grinders too boring to ever play them, but I only ever grind through the doff system in game. I play games to relax and have fun, not to win the shiniest prize, and accolades are the kind of thing a 12 year old boy would brag about. Who cares? I am not against grinders though. To each his own and everyone has to start somewhere with the foundry toolset.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
12-02-2013, 10:58 AM
From what I have been told, Top Rated is supposed to only show 50 results by design. I have submitted requests for either more results to be shown or the name be changed to Top 50 for clarity. I have no information on if either of these requests might be acted upon.

As far as avoiding the farms/grind projects, that's what the Tag options available via Custom are intended to address.