Career Officer
I really dislike the fact that we got another exposing weapon with the new ground set. I'm a Tac, i can expose all day long with grenade and abilities like Rally Cry, but what i can't easily do is exploit (except Lunge and the maco-rifle not being a real alternative).
This is especially apparent when i have to sacrifice set-boni when giving weapons to my boffs and doing the ground battlezone. I really wanted to equip them with the new ground set and make a anti-voth squad (even though the ai would likely "hunker down" at the most inappropriate time), but can't because the weapon (even with the proc) would be so much less effective than a standart split-beam rifle.

What do you guys think?
Captain
# 2
11-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Think its down to opinion,

Personally i pack all my toons to have expose weapons, and carry a splitbeam/high density/maco for myself

Also i have to say splitbeams are one of my favorite weapons, one with high critd bonus, and your vaporizing the hoards without breaking a sweat :p

if anything a splitbeam sounds hany for yourproblem too, too many exposes to exploit ? a splitbeam hits 3 enemies (critd for hard) and has a short cooldown secondary
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Commander
# 3
11-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freenos85 View Post
I really dislike the fact that we got another exposing weapon with the new ground set. I'm a Tac, i can expose all day long with grenade and abilities like Rally Cry, but what i can't easily do is exploit (except Lunge and the maco-rifle not being a real alternative).
This is especially apparent when i have to sacrifice set-boni when giving weapons to my boffs and doing the ground battlezone. I really wanted to equip them with the new ground set and make a anti-voth squad (even though the ai would likely "hunker down" at the most inappropriate time), but can't because the weapon (even with the proc) would be so much less effective than a standart split-beam rifle.

What do you guys think?
To be onest i dont think the boffs will ever use hunker down power. It seems they never use the 3rd set power. I've done a few times on diferent toons the episode missions where you meet borgs and they never remodulate from set, had to equip them with remodulators from replicator. Only the 2 pc power they use, wich its easy to spot on omega ground set, since they will cloak as often as they can.

On this new ground weapon/set, i like it. Other then the looks of the new rifle and its animation, wich its totally awesome, its really usefull to know when an enemy its exposed.

And yeah its all about preferences. On my tac and sci toons i wont use it much since they got good AoE expose skills and a split beams will benefit the most. But on my enginner, wich only has 2 expose skills (on enemy neutralisation kit) wich are single target only, i replaced the maco rifle with this new rifle. And also on 1 boff it pays off to gave up another passive set bonus for an extra expose gun, and the boff will still benefit from 2 pc set like the omega cloak or adapt maco (hg) for heal skill.

Imo the most will benefit from this new weapon the enginners and sci medic toons, but the weapon its still nice to keep in inventory on every toon and equip it quick for the V-Rex boss
Captain
# 4
11-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:

What do you guys think?
The new Dyson set rifle is an expose and exploit attack weapon. When targetting a non-exposed target the weapon it deals an expose attack. However, if you target an exposed target, the weapon deals an exploit attack.
Career Officer
# 5
11-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
The new Dyson set rifle is an expose and exploit attack weapon. When targetting a non-exposed target the weapon it deals an expose attack. However, if you target an exposed target, the weapon deals an exploit attack.
Really? Is this what you noticed, because i didn't read it in the info of the rifle itself ... hm, or maybe i misread it.

If that's the case i'll happily retract everything in my OP and my Anit-Voth squad will rule the battlezone from now on ^^
Captain
# 6
11-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Really? Is this what you noticed, because i didn't read it in the info of the rifle itself ... hm, or maybe i misread it.

If that's the case i'll happily retract everything in my OP and my Anit-Voth squad will rule the battlezone from now on ^^
The devs mentioned this when Season 8 was on Tribble test server. When targeting an exposed targret, the weapon will animate, and the secondary attack will change to a single target expose attack. All told, it's a really nice weapon.