Captain
# 1 Full Body Skins Please
10-29-2013, 04:44 AM
This had been bugging me to no end, ever since launch. My Main, and many alts, use the different skins and complexions, the most common of which: Infected. Since beta, all skins have been limited to the head only with the exception of Gorn, Caitian, and Trill. The latter of which really only made it in as part of the joke Bashir made. Since then though, while they've added many more open uniforms and casual clothing(including Risa wear), they have yet to go back and add the details in on the other skins. Even in the promotional art from LoR, the Remans and liberated Romulans were stuck with just the head, even the hands never had the full skins.

Please, please, PLEASE! go back and fix this. This really should have been done with the UI overhaul of the Character creator, but gets continuously left out, even though they add more species and open costumes. I can't be the only one bothered by these models looking so incomplete, can i?
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-29-2013, 06:29 AM
Support.

10chars.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 3
10-29-2013, 07:10 AM
The Trill 'skins' have also been kinda buggy, as there are areas where the spots pattern 'breaks'. It's apparently where different sections of the body are different tailor settings altogether, and that would be fine if the spots wouldn't 'fade' at the end of each, such as where the neck and shoulders meet.

As for the main topic of this thread, I'm also in support. Let's have some alien-looking bodies instead of everything being an entirely smooth hew-mon skin type. Have you even seen what a Klingon looks like under their armor? Not that smooth. And they're the main species of their faction, for crying out loud.

Also, supporting body type customization with alien species as well.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Captain
# 4
10-29-2013, 10:33 PM
In the fleet Dilithium mine, there is a cardassian tailor, but her spoon (forehead) is being awkwardly clipped by her hair, which looks terrible. That's not even to mention that the neck scales (cardassian skin) should also have the spoon on the sternum as well as maybe the neck bones. I really can't see why they have yet to go back and fix such a glaring problem. It would take the art team what, a day to do the non 3d textured skins, and less than a week do 3d model a few others? This is something that really should have been done from the very first set of open uniforms rather than just being left as is, when some models just look so terrible with it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-30-2013, 12:02 AM
Something else that would be nice on this note is aged body skins. As is you pretty much have to cover up any character using the aged complexions, since even if their head looks like an 80 year old's, they'll still have the body skin of a youth.
Captain
# 6
11-05-2013, 03:44 AM
This is really something that should have been done with all that "Character creator 2.0" that never happened. I've posted else where on the forums the idea that they should do a Quality of Life pass before working on what i'm tentatively calling "Deep Season 9", but fixing a lot of the tailor bugs is definitely on that list.

This issue alone is very high up for me. It would be really nice if i could use all of the uniforms i earned, grinded, or flat out paid for, with out looking completely ridiculous in trying to do so.

In all honesty, how long would it take an professional artist to knock these out for the community?
Captain
# 7
11-11-2013, 01:40 PM
I broke down and bought the Miner set from the Fleet mines, and i have to say that it looks really cool, except for the fact that i can't wear the shirt do to the skin issue. It would be nice to either get it fixed so this isn't an issue, or at least let us preview the items on our character, so we don't end up wasting in game or real world currencies on things we can't use.
Captain
# 8
11-25-2013, 02:43 AM
I'm honestly surprised that this isn't more of an issue for people, especially with the different races as well as all the cool uniform options they have in the game.
Career Officer
# 9
11-25-2013, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
I'm honestly surprised that this isn't more of an issue for people, especially with the different races as well as all the cool uniform options they have in the game.
Agreed, that the complexion should be applied to whole bodies, and not just face. I made a libbie Borg alt, and since the normal face texture, the plastic crap we have now, has no complexion & I hate it with passion, I went for zombie look, because it simply retains the old face complexion, but it does not apply to even hands. Looks silly, if you ask me - not to mention there are people who want their characters to show some skins, when wearing stuff like skirts, etc. So, yup, this is definitelly something they should look into.

Quote:
[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.
bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh.
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (RP & self-parody in character)
Captain
# 10
11-25-2013, 01:37 PM
support. ..............
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.