Lt. Commander
i just patched in the last hour and started the game, to make sure im set for tonight (for most of yall tomorrow, but as you can see on the left, im from europe)..
so, i started it, and when the menu popped up, it was like someone told my gfxcard "turn into a turbine". i mean, why the hell increased it the fanspeed to 100%, when nothing happens on screen? i dont have a big problem with it, beeing in performancemode, but the card gets so damn loud, its not even funny.. im thinking about to switch it out an putting my old passive cooled card in (which would be a downgrade from a 8800GT1gb to a 8600GT512), cause its so annoying.

i saw the same thing happen with the CO-demo, but im wondering why this happens?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 12:09 AM
It's not uncommon for GPUs to spin up the fan once they think a fullscreen DirectX game has started (just in case).
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 12:10 AM
yeah, i noticed that, but instantly turning up to 100% (and staying there) is new to me, thats why i asked.
the only game where i saw this happen before was crysis, and.. well.. we all know that was a different league regarding graphics so to speak.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 12:11 AM
The GPU just thinks that the game is going to run like wild fire. Possibly the game is testing the GPU. Many games do that so that they can adjust your settings for you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 12:13 AM
hm, or could it be the case, that theres no profile for the game for nvidia drivers?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2010, 12:19 AM
There is actually a 'fix' for that issue floating around the net somewhere... when i had my dual 8600 sli a while ago, i was getting the same issues. I really don't remember a name or where i found it... but i know it's out there. Give google a shot.