Lt. Commander
# 11
01-12-2010, 02:41 AM
Well, it definately all seems to be pointing to some problem with STO running with SLI enabled on the latest NVidia drivers.

With all settings maxxed out, running one GFX card in stable at around 70 degrees, as soon as I put in the other card and enabling SLI the temperatures are through the roof hitting 100+ degrees within minutes whilst sitting at the login screen.

This points me to one or possibly two theories, firstly that STO isnt remotely compatible with SLI using the latest drivers, even tho the NVidia drivers seem to think it is

Or secondly, there's a tribble hidden somewhere in my second graphics card.....
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldero View Post
Well, it definately all seems to be pointing to some problem with STO running with SLI enabled on the latest NVidia drivers.

With all settings maxxed out, running one GFX card in stable at around 70 degrees, as soon as I put in the other card and enabling SLI the temperatures are through the roof hitting 100+ degrees within minutes whilst sitting at the login screen.

This points me to one or possibly two theories, firstly that STO isnt remotely compatible with SLI using the latest drivers, even tho the NVidia drivers seem to think it is

Nope STO hates SLI... there was no word in CB as to when they'd get around to fixing that...

Just run single card you'll be fine.

Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2010, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldero View Post

After SLI came out, i got all hyped up and bought two SLI cards just to see what it was like. Needless to say i will never do something like that ever again... had all sorts of problems with it. Tell you the truth, i'm not surprised that you are having problems... but overheating? I mean geez.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppenRazor
After SLI came out, i got all hyped up and bought two SLI cards just to see what it was like. Needless to say i will never do something like that ever again... had all sorts of problems with it. Tell you the truth, i'm not surprised that you are having problems... but overheating? I mean geez.
is the NDA over... well... dono.. but SLI .. uhh well... better wait a few more days..
:p