Lt. Commander
# 11
01-12-2010, 04:07 AM
I believe uTorrent can work without trackers (not all clients can).

You should make sure you limit the bandwidth though. Right click the downloading torrent and choose Bandwidth Allocation. set you Upload limit to about half of your total upload.

My ISP gives me 448 which is about 40kbps so I set my upload limit to between 10-20 kbps.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2010, 04:40 AM
The torrent installs without a hitch. I deleted my previous install and reinstalled the game via the torrent version and it works just fine.

Shoot before I left for work there were nearly 6000 peers connected and I had UL nearly 1TB of date to people already today. It is far, far faster than getting it any other way. I first tried the official DL but is was clunking along at a blistering 9k for some time and FP - well that place is garbage as far as I'm concerned....

Anyway, when I get home I will start to seed it again (100Mbit fiber: OC1 trunk access - FTW!!!)
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2010, 04:46 AM
Cryptic *.torrent got enabled "DHT network" and "peer-to-peer exchange", that's fairly enough to spread the word of the all seeds/peers around without additional tracker which would need the announcement of this particular torrent file
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2010, 04:47 AM
Downloading nicely now at around 300kB/sec, and yes it's speeding up as time goes on. Disappointing, as I'm paying for a 20Mb connection (go Virgin Media...) but at least it's getting there.