Captain
# 1 Dyson vs Adapted Maco
11-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Looking at their suits, shields and weapons... I'm sorry, but still cannot find a better set than the Adapted.

Dyson is nice, but adapted still edges on general damage. The set probably would be best used on Dyson, but off the sphere, Adapted rules
There are actually other players in this game? I thought they were just npcs with varying levels of AI. - starkaos
Captain
# 2
11-29-2013, 10:32 AM
try advanced fleet armor with 10% crit or 80% crtD with advanced fleet weapon and combine it with a shield and weapon of your choice (preferably a set) really nothing that can beat advanced fleet armor
Go pro or go home
Republic Veteran
# 3
11-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Know what beats both? Just not worrying about the raw numbers and having fun. I mix-match armor/shields/weapons drop into a mission and have a grand old time.

No I'm not dying all the time, and no I'm not one-shotting everything... but it's still fun.

And that's all that matters!
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Career Officer
# 4
11-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Know what beats both? Just not worrying about the raw numbers and having fun. I mix-match armor/shields/weapons drop into a mission and have a grand old time.

No I'm not dying all the time, and no I'm not one-shotting everything... but it's still fun.

And that's all that matters!
<sarcasm> What? You don't only use full sets? I am physically disgusted by you </sarcasm>

But seriously, personally like quite a few of the bonuses that you get from various sets, its the thing that puts me off fleet gear.

Also meant to say, I think the Dyson may have it here. The weapon is very good comparative to the maco weapon (based on personal choice), however, I don't think the set bonuses are as good and I agree it has a lot leaning on dealing with the Voth, without being good in general

Last edited by pwecangetlost; 11-29-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Just wondering if I'm doing this right. I used adapted maco armor and maco shield. Coupled with both rifles I received both the 2 set bonuses (shield and hp heals all the time). Not counting stf (remodulation), is this feasible?
Captain
# 6
11-29-2013, 12:05 PM
-That's actually a good idea, lol
There are actually other players in this game? I thought they were just npcs with varying levels of AI. - starkaos
Commander
# 7
11-29-2013, 02:33 PM
shattering harmonics - > hack'n'slash everything.
"assimilate this!"
Ensign
# 8
03-21-2014, 07:50 PM
I am not sure how to get the M.A.C.O. items/sets.
Lieutenant
# 9
03-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picard9832 View Post
I am not sure how to get the M.A.C.O. items/sets.
I see this is your first post here, so I'll go over the basics. Sorry for retreading any info you already know

By doing Borg-themed Special Task Forces at level 50, you get a reward called "Omega Marks".

Go into your reputation menu (U), and click the Reputation tab.

You'll see a bunch of pictures on the left hand side. Click the one labeled "Task Force Omega".

Now, you have to trade in Your Omega marks, plus some EXP, and commodities*, for 2000 Omega REP Points and 340 Dilithium. The process will take 20 hours.

Once you've done this a few hundred times you'll have access to MKXII MACO gear. You can get MK10 and Mk11 sooner, but once you have that, there's little reason to upgrade.** Anyway, to do that, you have to do a Reputation project first, costing a LOT of Marks and Dil (and even Borg Neural implants).

*: In the next major update, you'll no longer need to trade in commodities, just EC.

**: Also in the next update, rewards will be MK12 only, if I recall correctly.