Ensign
# 131 Help!
12-01-2013, 09:12 AM
The game crashed the entire computer. I was getting the first duty officer mission from Lt Ferra and the characters went white and the game crashed. I tried to access the app again after restarting and it crashed again! During the startup sequence there were pink lines across the computer and the mac is only from 2011 with hardware that acceded the requirements. I had to delete the game in order to protect the info stored there. Hope this gets fixed and does anyone else have this problem?
Ensign
# 132 Launching issues
12-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Thank you so much for bringing STO to the MAC.. Its been forever since I have played because my Windows computer crashed.

I have played since day one of the beta for a week strong and never had an issue with anything and even if I had an issue they were small things that really didn't bother me. But for the life of me I can't get the game to even launch. I have forced quit the program multiple times and nothing. It keeps saying its updating the launcher then update disappears and launcher never launches. I think I'm having withdrawals now... any ideas or fixes??
Career Officer
# 133
12-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaict View Post
The game crashed the entire computer. I was getting the first duty officer mission from Lt Ferra and the characters went white and the game crashed. I tried to access the app again after restarting and it crashed again! During the startup sequence there were pink lines across the computer and the mac is only from 2011 with hardware that acceded the requirements. I had to delete the game in order to protect the info stored there. Hope this gets fixed and does anyone else have this problem?
2011 MacBook Pros are being noted as having an issue where the graphics chip may either malfunction or fail outright, causing graphical distortions or freezes. Make sure your machine is fully up to date (there was a software fix that was supposed to help with this). If you still have issues, you may need to take it in for repair. There is no REP program for this, so if it's not under AppleCare you would have to pay for a logic board replacement. STO is just an application, it is not capable of harming your computer. What can happen is that an application, especially a game which pushes things hard, will cause an existing hardware problem to show itself.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 134
12-03-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm happy to report that Water in-game will no longer look distorted for players on a Retina MacBook Pro.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 135
12-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Cool. Is that what the "tgUpdate" was that downloaded today?

I'm never sure what those are. I have no idea what "tg" is, but I'm happy it's being worked on.
Ensign
# 136 Thanks
12-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks Shockwave.

However the fact that it did not start up at all was too scary to risk. After the startup tone cmd up and the apple, the screen went white and would not go to the account page. My software was completely up to date with the latest updated in everything. I agree, it must be the graphics card. However i really hope this is fixed especially the need to force quit the app and do it multiple times in order to get the launcher.
Would a mac pro from 2008 work?
With intel core 2 duo and with a geforce 9400m 265 mhz?
Ensign
# 137 Crashing
12-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but the game crashes a lot on my mac. every 10-15 minutes Id say.
Career Officer
# 138
12-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Hey is there going to be an update on known issues soon i mean the last one was about a month ago I've seen one post in here from a dev after the OP. Plus are they still going to be including Mac update info in the patch notes last few weeks have not seen anything in the notes for patches but i did see one like the 1st and 2nd week the beta was out.

Join The Swarm
Ensign
# 139 Over heating issue
12-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Has anyone else noticed that macbook pros (with retina display), run really really hot with the mac client. This was true with wineskin, the fans kick in pretty much straight away. Is that an issue with the hardware, or can the software itself be adjusted, without loosing quality, to stop my MBP's ability to cook breakfast on it.

also other issues i've noticed, the launcher will crash the first time its launch every time. also on occasion while i'm playing, it crashes to desktop without warning, its not in areas where there is a lot of activity, so seems there is no particular cause.
Ensign
# 140
12-22-2013, 12:15 AM
Two problems i've encountered:

1. After the game launches, I cannot close the launcher without force quitting.
2. Recently, certain graphics are invisible, particularly various uniform pieces.