Captain
# 3041
12-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Am I the only one dreading the patch on the 5th?

Here's why I am.

10/3 Major update, graphics broken for one week.

11/12 Major Update Graphics broken for 3 weeks.

12/5 Major update coming, as well as so called fix for the 11/12 break.

What Im expecting is them to fix the 11/12 errors, but when the Winter Event goes live. It breaks the graphics again. only difference is we get new error codes.

What they should have done to ease these fears is put the WE on Tribble WITH the fix for the 11/12 break. If it caused a new problem they would have known in advance of the 5th.

Of course if the S8 tribble breaks Which were reported had not been ignored......Oh well they probably would just ignore this too.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Ensign
# 3042
12-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Dont be so negative!

I am sure it will be fine (Fingers crossed).
Lest we forget 18897741
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3043
12-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admrenlarreck View Post
What they should have done to ease these fears is put the WE on Tribble WITH the fix for the 11/12 break. If it caused a new problem they would have known in advance of the 5th.
The Winter Event has been on Tribble for sometime now, it's just not turned on, and players can't get to the maps involved without it being "on". That's how a lot of our events that are tied to start/ end dates work. Therefore, the "major update" you're referring to is already on Tribble and I believe one of your recent posts mentioned you've been able to get on Tribble as of the patch last Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave18193 View Post
Well I'm glad their priorities are properly aligned. Clearly developing Gingerbread Town is more important than GETTING US BACK IN THE FLAMING GAME
I'm pretty sure I made this clear earlier in this thread, but let me clarify again Content Devs, Artists, Systems Devs, etc. etc. etc. can not resolve not work on the issue reported in this thread. The team that can (i.e. the team that works on Graphics; not to be confused with VFX, art, Etc.) has been the team working on the resolution, all while everyone else on the team continued with their work. Working on the Winter Event (which was pretty much completed before Season 8 even launched), nor any upcoming content, systems, art, etc. caused any delay or prolonging in a resolution for the graphics issue.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 3044
12-01-2013, 04:07 PM
I would not worry about the Winter Event.

To save Server resources, all the players who could play after Season 8 launched will have the crash Bug and then we are the ones who can play. On the 4 year anniversary it is then again us who crash, at Season 9 the others will crash again, and so on.

Cryptic learned since the 3 Year anniversary and LoR. Instead of buying more stable Servers, each time half the players will not be able to play.

@branflakes: do the Devs know what caused the Bug? It maybe would be helpfull to know if it was a problem with our graphic cards etc.. So we could react next time faster or avoid using certain graphic cards

Last edited by organicmanfred; 12-01-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Ensign
# 3045 hello STO
12-01-2013, 04:27 PM
what is going on !? from start season8 we have same problem with error ticket id : 18897741 ... Tell us are you fixed this issue or what ? We can't play from 12. November 2013
Should we stay or live this is the question now ... thx
Captain
# 3046
12-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4m1j4n View Post
what is going on !? from start season8 we have same problem with error ticket id : 18897741 ... Tell us are you fixed this issue or what ? We can't play from 12. November 2013
Should we stay or live this is the question now ... thx
Look into the tribble patch notes from the 27th. They finally uploaded a patch into the testserver but we have to wait till wednesday? until the patch will be uploaded into the real Servers.
Captain
# 3047
12-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Thank you Bran. I did not know that about the events. I thought that each one was a separate update. This is a big load off of my mind.

Thank you again, and sorry if I came across as a bit cranky.

Question for you is the fix going to cover the other people not with the 18897741 error? I hope it will.

You know in the years I have been here this is actually the first one that I get to play the Winter Event.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs

Last edited by admrenlarreck; 12-01-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Ensign
# 3048
12-01-2013, 06:37 PM
To be honest, the wait right now is the one that bites at me the hardest. Until we had a fix, all we could do was trust that people were working on one. But now we have a fix. Given the nature of the Thanksgiving holiday, I was grumpily willing to understand the copy being put off over the weekend. But now that the weekend is over, what is the delay in copying in the fix? Surely the last several days are enough Tribble testing.

If this is really a top priority, isn't the appropriate time to copy in the fix as soon as we have a few people in the office who can handle the job? Perhaps add a couple of hours of warning for those currently playing on holodeck, but why Wednesday or Thursday? In the week Season 8 was released, how many patches were there? Can't we just... have our access to the game back now?

Please?

Last edited by barondelta; 12-01-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Ensign
# 3049 paying
12-01-2013, 10:58 PM
i have not been able to play the game since season 8 launched and i was unable to play the game when the last crash happened in October for a week that's now one month that i haven been able to get on due to unforeseen errors i want to know will i be compensated for that month that i haven't been able to play I pay for the 3 month membership
Starfleet Veteran
# 3050
12-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem95826 View Post
Hey what is my Borg number?
59 of 74, septenary drone of unimatrix, two, seven six
Closed Thread