Lt. Commander
I just opened the launcher up to set the options in-game. I set my resolution to 1920x1080 (my native res) and the monitor went into power-save mode. I was able to alt-tab out of the game, and the monitor came back, but evey time I went to the game window, it went to power-save mode.

I'm using the latest ATI drivers for my Radeon HD 4890, and I'm able to run other games at 1920x1080 without a problem.

Any advice or suggestion would be appreciated
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Right click on yoru desktop and go to properties. click the power saving option (usually found under screensaver options, and set everything to a high value, or to never. The latter choice being the most preferable)

This should remove any issues you are having. If power saving mode is still happening after this, you could try reinstalling your graphics drivers, as you may have a broken/crossed install, that STO is flagging up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Hmm, don't think that'll help.

The driver re-install may work, but this is a fresh copy of Windows 7 Home Premium, with the latest drviers. I installed the OS after the drivers came out, so there's only been 1 install of the video drivers. More then likely it IS the car/drivers, however, all my other games present no problems.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by novafluxx View Post
Hmm, don't think that'll help.
Humour me and give it a try The simplest solutions are usually the best. If it doesnt, you can try an earlier version of the drivers (the latest ATI ones have a slight problem with STO's new FX).

remember, if youa re still having problems, you can always come back here for help.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 09:50 AM
No problem, I'll give it a shot.
I work for Dell, and I've been in the computer industry (technical side, troubleshooting, not customer service, for over a decade, so I know what I'm doing)

I appreciate the assistance! My main reason for coming here was to see if it was a known issue, and if it has a workaround.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2010, 09:55 AM
If thats your native desktop resolution it shouldn't give you any problems... did ya check the refresh rate though?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2010, 10:08 AM
If you cant disable the power-save from the OS desktop, you may be able to do so effectively from the BIOS...