Lt. Commander
I have the exact same issue. I purchase a retail pre-order box at a local Best Buy and just tried to activate my product key, but in has supposedly already been used. How is this possible? Duplicate key codes? Someone got lucky with a key code generator? To make matters worse there is no way to file a help ticket, it appears that service is down. Will this issue be addressed? Does the person who already is using MY key code get their account canceled once I prove that my beta key is legit?

Hopefully this matter is resolved quickly. Good luck to anyone else who has this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratus6 View Post
Don't worry, if you pre-ordered on D2D or most other online retail outlets and got an email from them concerning your purchase with a beta key number included, the beta key you recieved is already active.
You just need to download the beta client from them and you're set.

Stormy, I know that you will read this. Can you confirm this or at least clarify this?
I don't think that's the case. I downloaded the client, hoping everything actually did go through, & received an error message stating "You do not have permissions to view the launcher."
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Did anyone get resolved yet?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starvenus
Did anyone get resolved yet?
Nope, nothing here. I submitted a ticket to D2D but haven't heard from them. I've got the game all installed and it just sits there asking for login and password. It's morning now and I won't try again until tonight when I get home.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Looks like it was already registered to your account.
How is that possible when I never registered it? I got that error on my 1st try to register it.

I finally got a response from D2D and they say to contact Cryptic's support. I forwarded that email and my problem to your support.