Captain
# 11
12-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgamer1701 View Post
do you guys? at all?

You have so much new content now with lor and now s8 but balance is far far off.
Is there any plans or fix in sight? particularly for federation cruisers and federation engineer captian types? pvp balance?

is there anyway soon we can get a dev blog or an answer on this feedback forum from the devs themselves? or is all of this purely token?
They do. Trust me. Mostly just for laughs, though.
This all happened... more, or less.
Career Officer
# 12
12-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Scroll down to the art section. Someone commented on an issue with armpits and got a very swift dev question on it as there should not have been any code altering them. So yes, Devs read but rarely feel the need to respond.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
Network engineers are not ship designers.
Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
Captain
# 13
12-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Don't worry about him, Rylan.

This guy comes on once in awhile, whines incoherently about 'underpowered' and 'nerfed' engineers, then leaves again. Apparently it's an update that caused the 'issue'.

I admit that overall (at least in space) engineers could use some work. But they aren't the incredibly nerfed and worthless characters he makes them out to be. Heh, almost wonder if he is playing PvP and is dying in two seconds either due to an SNB, or simply spamming all his heals at once and then just getting waited out by whoever is shooting him.
But he called the Avenger a bad ship >=///////

Inexcusable. He was also whining about it being useless in PvE.

Im like... wut da hell?

The Avenger, and Engineers are absolutely monstrous in PvE. They can put out respectable DPS, even enough to get into the DPS channels, and do so all at the same time literally no one else is even getting looked at.

In PvP... well on Hilberts Leaderboard my top toon is the Avengineer, if thats says anything. Dont personalyl consider it better than my sciscort, but numbers wise it is.

Everything is OP, plz nerf
Fleet Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Empire Veteran
# 14
12-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
But he called the Avenger a bad ship >=///////

Inexcusable. He was also whining about it being useless in PvE.

Im like... wut da hell?

The Avenger, and Engineers are absolutely monstrous in PvE. They can put out respectable DPS, even enough to get into the DPS channels, and do so all at the same time literally no one else is even getting looked at.

In PvP... well on Hilberts Leaderboard my top toon is the Avengineer, if thats says anything. Dont personalyl consider it better than my sciscort, but numbers wise it is.
Oh I know of course. Heck, only reason I ain't been using my fleet Avenger on my own Fed engineer recently is that my focus has been the Chel Grett and trying to beat NWS.

Like I said though, he is just whining and moaning about 'supposed' nerfs, and never really goes past that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
Empire Veteran
# 15
12-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Where is all the forum whine coming from? Its in several threads.
Usually this sort of complaing only erupts at the end of a month.
Its even eclipsing the Klingon complaints of two years ago.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P

Last edited by bitemepwe; 12-02-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Captain
# 16
12-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Its even eclipsing the Klingon complaints of two years ago.
A true warrior would take an even deeper breath than they ever had before to whine a whine that would strike fear in the heart of all who read it. Then victory would be within your grasp.
# 17
12-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
A true warrior would take an even deeper breath than they ever had before to whine a whine that would strike fear in the heart of all who read it. Then victory would be within your grasp.
Klingon BloodWHINE?
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Captain
# 18
12-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Wait, what's wrong with Engi's and Cruisers?

I have a full plasma threat Odyssey that does crazy damage and can take one hell of a beating. All without Aux2bat. And it never. Bloody. Dies. EVER. Just ask jk. He parsed and ISE with my Odyssey in it once. And his after action commentary:

jk: "What did you get into a fight with last game?"

Me: "What? Why do you ask?"

jk: "Your damage taken was more than the entire team combined..."

XD

So what's this about engi's and cruisers sucking? Or needing work? I beg to differ.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
# 19
12-02-2013, 02:36 PM
I tend to solo the game, but I can say that Grunt, my Ferengi Engineer, is perfectly at home in the ground missions. He spawns his Seeker and Support Drones, his tac officers (he takes two) start throwing grenades, and the opposition just sort of melts as long as I keep an eye on his shields.
-------------------------------------------
"Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!" - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
Captain
# 20
12-02-2013, 02:57 PM
They are the gods of the game they are always present and watching.
btw
dont make them angry