Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I'm sure it's not new, but sharing in case it is:

With a widescreen (1680x1050) resolution, the loading screen is non-widescreen format, so the left and right sides are bugging out, flashing rapidly and displaying an image of the previous screen.

I do have the Auto Select format option checked.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serus

With a widescreen (1680x1050) resolution, the loading screen is non-widescreen format, so the left and right sides are bugging out, flashing rapidly and displaying an image of the previous screen.

Yeah its a known issue, been like that for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serus

I have the same exact resolution and can confirm it does the exact same thing with me. The STO logo is only 4:3 ratio and doesn't fill the entire screen. It's like the loading screen overlays the previous screen. Meanwhile the previous screen flashes between positive and negative images of itself (reversed color schemes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo_daikun View Post
Yeah its a known issue, been like that for a while.
Annnnd there is no synopsis of previously known bugs, noone transferred anything over from the CB forums (I'm assuming SOMEONE made a thread of known bugs since I was not in CB). We are just doing our duty and reporting the bugs we find.

You can take your condescending attitude and shove it where the sun don't shine mmmkay?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Champions was the same way. You should try what i run 5040x1050. The character creation screens are all stretched to kingdom come. But the game itself plays fine. At least they took what they learned from CO about the ultra wide screens crashing during character creation and applied it to STO.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 10:55 AM
I get the same thing at 2560x1600 so it seems to be a general widescreen issue.

I am not epileptic, but that flashing can cause a serious issue for those who are so be cautious with this one.