Lt. Commander
# 11
01-12-2010, 12:17 PM
hmm..i don't seem to have any problems. I have the newest Gforce drivers and have my SLI Cards running just fine. On max settings i don't have slowdowns or low fps. Just some server lag but other than this everything is fine
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2010, 12:22 PM
To confirm other reports I have read, the space portion of the game does not stutter. It is only the ground portion!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2010, 12:28 PM
We are aware of the latest nvidia drivers causing a bit of stuttering in ground combat.

Please try the 190.62 nvidia drivers if you have an Nvidia video card, Catalyst 9.11 drivers if you have an ATI video card.

Sincerely,
Cryptic Studios Technical Support
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Doog
We are aware of the latest nvidia drivers causing a bit of stuttering in ground combat.

Please try the 190.62 nvidia drivers if you have an Nvidia video card, Catalyst 9.11 drivers if you have an ATI video card.
Hey, considering the amount of people who are having this issue, and considering that they have to ask and dig quite a bit to find out this info, don't you think it would be rather wise to make this info readily available and known? Perhaps placing it in the "Known Issues", and making it a sticky post?

I have spoken to many people both in CO and STO beta, that are having this issue and have no idea that using the 190.62 drivers fixes it.

You might want to make this known.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:

Sincerely,
As mentioned previously in this thread and elsewhere, the stuttering happens even AFTER rolling back to Nvidia 190.62 for many (including myself).
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-12-2010, 12:43 PM
As many folks have said, both on the CO boards, and the STO closed beta boards.

Is the Nvidia issues being addressed? Asking your customers to use out of date video card drivers does not seem to be a good idea. Is there any kind of fix on the way? II ask because its still an issue on champions and that game has been out for a while now.

How long will nvidia users have to wait before we can use the current set of drivers?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-12-2010, 01:20 PM
I upgraded my Nvidia drivers to the latest beta ones before the 2nd to last closed beta test and this solved my stuttering problem, I could run STO with all settings maxed out with no problem. After the update for the last closed beta play test however the problem had returned so I worked my way through the settings one by one to see if there was any one setting or combination of settings that coursed the stuttering.

Here is a compromise that works for me and may work for you if like me you don't want to roll back to an old driver (or this is a problem even with the old driver).

1) Antaialiasing = OFF
2) Shadows = LOW

Everything else I can run on full setting without introducing the stuttering effect.

The above works for me (2x GTX 260's and BETA drivers) and still looks fine (would be nice to have better shadows but not bad for a work around). If this doesn't help you try setting everything to low and terning things on one by one.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-12-2010, 02:33 PM
I have a GTX 260 running the 195.62 drivers and having this problem as well. I remember a similar problem with CO and it seemed to be fixed by turning down/off Shadows and/or dynamic lighting settings. Gonna try rolling back to the 190 drivers to see if that works as well as fiddling with shadows and dynamic lighting.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-12-2010, 02:36 PM
same here 260 gtx lotsa stuttering but also uber high temp for my card normaly runz at 40grades but sto let it burn at 90 grades but strangly just since today and open beta... closed beta was fine with 40 grades too
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:

Sincerely,
Well sorry to say this , but still ahve the problem with 9.12 (had 9.12) with my ati card.

SD24 wen i start attacking a group , just goes fps random drops and then crashing to desktop..

Settings full (no aa no shadows looks horrible then...)

over a month now this i am starting to get pistoff...