Captain
# 21
12-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Who needs video games when you can shoot down stuff for real prizes from home?!
<--------------------> <--------------------> <-------------------->
Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
Republic Veteran
# 22
12-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrook View Post
Who needs video games when you can shoot down stuff for real prizes from home?!
just make sure you have a permit

“confession is good for the soul”

Captain
# 23
12-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Actually, the Predator and Reaper crash less often per flight hour than Cessnas, and most of those accidents (as with most aviation accidents in general) can be attributed to pilot error rather than hardware faults.
There are also far more Cessnas than Drones in the air at any given time. And Cessnas can't carry live ordinance.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 24
12-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
There are also far more Cessnas than Drones in the air at any given time. (I know my statistics )
That's why I said per flight hour but that's okay. I know your brain is still recovering from JJ-shock.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 25
12-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
That's why I said per flight hour but that's okay. I know your brain is still recovering from JJ-shock.
Even if that was correct, Cessnas usually aren't flying over someones house.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 26
12-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
There are also far more Cessnas than Drones in the air at any given time. And Cessnas can't carry live ordinance.
Alright, calm down. I think we're still a few Sci-Fi movies away from armed drones, carrying live ordinance over people's houses as they deliver packages. The whole thing sounds like a corporate misinformation campaign directed at Amazon's competitors.
This all happened... more, or less.
Captain
# 27
12-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
You play a Vulcan, don't you?
BEST laugh I've had in a week!

I really don't see the drones being a success either (though I wish I could be wrong on that). I mean, if retail drones become commonplace, what's to stop malevolent people from mimicking them, filling a basket with explosives and sending it over a festival crowd? No one would realize it is not legit until too late.

Hate to say it, but I think that's also one, in a list of reasons, why flying cars are not going to be everywhere anytime soon.
Republic Veteran
# 28
12-03-2013, 02:44 PM
We still have air planes

“confession is good for the soul”

Captain
# 29
12-03-2013, 02:45 PM
If it's not carrying a package and is following you, it's the NSA!
<--------------------> <--------------------> <-------------------->
Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
Captain
# 30
12-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnkirk4 View Post
Alright, calm down. I think we're still a few Sci-Fi movies away from armed drones, carrying live ordinance over people's houses as they deliver packages. The whole thing sounds like a corporate misinformation campaign directed at Amazon's competitors.
I'm not talking about Amazon you silly bum.