Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,875
# 31
12-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
It's all pretty inconsistent, but my sense has always been that a Federation world has jurisdiction over its own local security/defense, while Starfleet handles anything on an interstellar level.

Except for Earth, which seems to have turned everything over to Starfleet.
Huh. I always assumed that Starfleet was the Terran military program, and that other military programs of Fed worlds were just different militaries that cooperated with the rest.

Maybe it was just my denial that Starfleet is the be-all-end-all of the Federation.


Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 992
# 32
12-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
Huh. I always assumed that Starfleet was the Terran military program, and that other military programs of Fed worlds were just different militaries that cooperated with the rest.

Maybe it was just my denial that Starfleet is the be-all-end-all of the Federation.
It is more a hole in the writing than anything honestly.

Starfleet is a supposed to be a exploration and defense force not a military force , Picard even outright says this a couple of times.

That said there is never a mention of any actual military force outside of the Federation even during the likes of the Dominion war, it is shown that it is Starfleet acting as the first and last line of defense in space and on the ground.

The only mention of a seperate military force within Starfleet is the MACOs which is a united Earth thing not a Federation thing.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 292
# 33
12-04-2013, 12:50 PM
I'd kind of somewhat like to see (at the very least) a few minor changes in dialogue for Vulcans as well... Some things in dialogue I just cannot see my Vulcan captain saying.
These are the unoriginal voyages of the starship Aether. Its continuing mission: to explore boring new worlds, seek out Dilithium and Reputation, to boldly go where everyone has gone before.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,532
# 34
12-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp333 View Post
I'd kind of somewhat like to see (at the very least) a few minor changes in dialogue for Vulcans as well... Some things in dialogue I just cannot see my Vulcan captain saying.
Yeah, I've been thinking that it would be nice to have some kind of "personality" option one could choose that would affect some lines of dialogue - it could go hand-in-hand with the Stance options in the tailor: Standard, Twitchy, Thoughtful (Logical), Brawler, etc.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,875
# 35
12-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
Yeah, I've been thinking that it would be nice to have some kind of "personality" option one could choose that would affect some lines of dialogue - it could go hand-in-hand with the Stance options in the tailor: Standard, Twitchy, Thoughtful (Logical), Brawler, etc.
I would like this.


Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:23 AM.