Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Hello Everyone,

Before posting in this thread, if you have not already please follow the below link and read the thread first.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=57203


This thread will be utilized for the Community to better assist Cryptic with the reporting and reproduction of Showstopper and Critical issues. Please do not post with minor issues such as typos, minor art missing (weapon doesn’t display, etc). Do on the other hand continue to bug minor issues, this thread is just for severe issues.

In the event you come across either issue type, it is important to check out the threads in the forums and identify if your issue has already been reported on. As well as, if there is a current work around or any issues you should be aware of which would gate further testing.
For example: loading into a map and then being unable to leave.
Please keep posts to Issues only, as we want these threads to be a place for information compilation.

Step 1 – Find a Bug!
Step 2 – How severe is this bug is it a showstopper, critical or minor issue?
Step 3 – Check the forum threads, is it known? If it is known is there a workaround?
Step 4 – Submit your bug in game and post your issue on the thread.
  • Add in only enough information to clearly convey the issue you have found or are having.
  • In the event QA checks into your issue, please always include your <character name>@<display name> or the ticket # which is posted in your chat log upon submission.
Step 5 – If you are confused or unsure of anything, go to the IRC #stoqa channel and ask me directly.
  • If I am in the office I will be present in the IRC, however just be aware I will not 100% be active in the channel. There is much work to get done!
  • If you ask a question in the channel and do not get a response, please feel free to send me a message directly. I will get back to you once I am able.
Step 6 – Spread the word, let’s get all of you participating and populating this thread with issues to help both Cryptic and all of you.

New threads will be created as necessary and the older threads will have their sticky removed to make way for the new thread.

Thank you for all assistance and testing that many of you are providing, everyone here at Cryptic really values what we get from our Community.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-12-2010, 12:33 PM
id like to bring to your attention the showstopper affecting many within the hour of launch.

Symptoms: cannot progress in first mission, stuck in "destroy damaged probes" area when mission log shows you have already warped to the "destroy active probes area". Restarting instance and "defeat me" dont work.

Replication: This happened to me and many others by the server going down whilst either in warp or at the "destroy active probes" area. upon reconnecting find yourself back at the "fix my guns ship" prior to warping to the "destroy damaged probes" area.

CANNOT PROGRESS
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Bug Significance: Showstopper

Bug: Stuck in loading screen while loading Sol System from the colony. Upwards of 15 minutes of waiting did not resolve issue. Cannot submit bug report in game as I cannot load character in-game and don't see button on Character Selection screen.

Level of Gratitude When Bug is Fixed: God Like
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1ade View Post
id like to bring to your attention the showstopper affecting many within the hour of launch.

Symptoms: cannot progress in first mission, stuck in "destroy damaged probes" area when mission log shows you have already warped to the "destroy active probes area". Restarting instance and "defeat me" dont work.

Replication: This happened to me and many others by the server going down whilst either in warp or at the "destroy active probes" area. upon reconnecting find yourself back at the "fix my guns ship" prior to warping to the "destroy damaged probes" area.

CANNOT PROGRESS
Adding to this: for me sometimes a window pops up saying that there's nothing of interest in the system, with the question if I would like to go elsewhere. The option Dismiss is given, nothing else, and the popup disappears after a second or so, making leaving the system impossible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadin View Post
Adding to this: for me sometimes a window pops up saying that there's nothing of interest in the system, with the question if I would like to go elsewhere. The option Dismiss is given, nothing else, and the popup disappears after a second or so, making leaving the system impossible.
See if there is a galaxy icon below your minimap that will allow you to leave the system.

Try opening the large map and selecting a system to set a course (probably only works in Sector space).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
See if there is a galaxy icon below your minimap that will allow you to leave the system.

Try opening the large map and selecting a system to set a course (probably only works in Sector space).
I read this solution in another thread and it worked for me. I left the map and was able to select another instance to load into. Not sure if this option was there before but it didn't give the list of possible instances. Porting to another instance placed me in the active probe area.

The next problem presented itself though, a showstopper: beaming down to Vega Colony locks up the load screen. I am about to restart the game and try again, but I am not going anywhere for the time being.

EDIT: got a Disconnected from Server message and had to control-alt-delete out of the game. It's now stuck on the retreiving character list screen so I guess I'm out for today ^^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Showstopper

In all cases I tried (on ship in sector space, Sol System, S.S. Azura Instance, ground of Vega Colony and ground at Earth Spacedock) I was unable to spend ANY of my captain's skill points. Bridge Officer points worked fine, but everytime I tried to spend my captain's, there was an error encountered and they were all reset to 0.

Character: Esiid@Gadebalran
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Critical Issue

Using an ATI Radeon X4350 graphics card with both the latest and rolled back drivers I am getting extreme flicker on the graphics. various colors get thrown all over the screen, and almost everything is covered by weird blocks of different colors. The UI is fine, but the game world is completely unviewable. I have messed around with graphic options, changed me screen resolution, run the game in safe mode, compatibility mode, windowed, you name it, nothing fixes the issue. It is making the game completely unplayable in space.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oseve View Post
Bug Significance: Showstopper

Bug: Stuck in loading screen while loading Sol System from the colony. Upwards of 15 minutes of waiting did not resolve issue. Cannot submit bug report in game as I cannot load character in-game and don't see button on Character Selection screen.

Level of Gratitude When Bug is Fixed: God Like
Ditto...long wait on Sol load, never resolves. Going to re roll to see if I can progress or work around it.

EDIT: Bahh...rolled a second slot now starter map is full...DOH...ah well...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-12-2010, 02:34 PM
not really a showstopper but expensive hehe

when you rename your bridge officers at the shop in Sol startbase 1 to what ever you want

then you beam to ur bridge they get reset back to their basic names..


Found out i dident rename them but saved the name for the costumes and tought that was name change...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:48 PM.