Lt. Commander
# 11
01-12-2010, 12:14 PM
I take back what I said about File Planet being better. The download stopped and now I get this.

FilePlanet Download System
Unable to add to line
This server is currently full or not accepting new connections at this time.

So I'm back to using the Star Trek downloader again. Maybe I'll be ready to play in a week.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWookie View Post
Understandable if you don't wanna mess with stuff. There is going to be some nice new shiny mirror sites coming up today hopefully that will allow some ppls to get direct downloads at better speeds with the newest OBT client. However at this very moment its FP or on other outdated CBT client off another site for direct downloads.

Just need to bide your time I guess
The nice shiny mirror sites that came up are both in Germany?

I'm not even sure I would be downloading the ENGLISH version of the game?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2010, 01:06 PM
So, let me get this straight, you have the solution to your problem, which is to use the torrent, but you're unable/unwilling to take the few and easy (and reversible) steps needed to enable the torrent download to work? What exactly are you expecting? Disabling your firewall (or enabling the torrent client to get past it) as well as opening up ports on your router are EASY to do, and would take you all of 5 minutes to learn how, with just a slight bit of effort on your part.

You have your solution. Use the torrent. If you are so incredibly technically unsavvy that you think disabling your firewall and opening up some ports on your router are going to let the internet boogieman into your computer, then I don't know what to tell you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2010, 01:15 PM
After 5 and a half hours on FP downloader, I was suddenly disconnected and re-queued to #1489 out of 1607. 4% done. I switched to Torrent, getting around 100k DL speed, not the best but better than FP.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-12-2010, 01:19 PM
First off you never payed to play beta... second off utorent... third off fileplanet = free download only to get max speed cost money and fileplanet is not only for this but for alot of other stuff... stop whineing and get your max security off your pc so you can download...
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalblade View Post
So, let me get this straight, you have the solution to your problem, which is to use the torrent, but you're unable/unwilling to take the few and easy (and reversible) steps needed to enable the torrent download to work? What exactly are you expecting? Disabling your firewall (or enabling the torrent client to get past it) as well as opening up ports on your router are EASY to do, and would take you all of 5 minutes to learn how, with just a slight bit of effort on your part.

You have your solution. Use the torrent. If you are so incredibly technically unsavvy that you think disabling your firewall and opening up some ports on your router are going to let the internet boogieman into your computer, then I don't know what to tell you.
I admit I'm technically unsavvy. And I did download the torrent and I did try to make it work. I FAILED! I spent two hours trying to make the damn thing work and that's two hours wasted as far as i"m concerned.

Yes I'm afraid of letting the internet boogieman into my computer! I use my computer for a lot more than games, and I'm not taking the risks associated with dropping my firewall and opening my ports.

Being a tecno-nerd wasn't listed as a requirement to play this stupid game. I regret my purchase now.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakevalentine
First off you never payed to play beta... second off utorent... third off fileplanet = free download only to get max speed cost money and fileplanet is not only for this but for alot of other stuff... stop whineing and get your max security off your pc so you can download...
I did pay to play the Beta. That was part of the promotion to Pre-Order!

I would normally just wait and get a CD at WallMart when the game comes out. I'd probably have got a better price. So I messed up.

And File Planet SUCKS!
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-12-2010, 01:53 PM
So i'm not the only one that noticed Atari/Cryptic doesn't give us our own download link?
Dx