Lt. Commander
# 11
01-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg0D
Hell they had this problem after launch of CO, during a free test weekend not too long ago... What is the deal here cryptic?
The servers are in Boston and Cryptic is in Cali, which points to the potentual that they have outsourced their game servers and the contractor is not holding up their end of the bargain? Maybe? I'm not trying to lessen the blame but it is a possibility. If that is the case I bet Jack and Zink are making hell'a nasty phone-calls
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
if you dont like cryptic and all is bad then go some place else... simple... I already love this game... a beta is a beta... they probly did take what they learned from the other games they done problem beeing this is star trek... the trekkies alone are more then even wow would have. give it a break... you dont like beta then DONT beta... bye bye now
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustic13 View Post
The servers are in Boston and Cryptic is in Cali, which points to the potentual that they have outsourced their game servers and the contractor is not holding up their end of the bargain? Maybe? I'm not trying to lessen the blame but it is a possibility. If that is the case I bet Jack and Zink are making hell'a nasty phone-calls
Look I'm quite disappointed, not going to lie. I'm am blaming I agree but, I mostly want to know what is the reason behind this, I want answers, that is all.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulious
This isnt an issue of how popular the game is or would be, it is the fact that Cryptic didnt have enough foresight to prepare for their network structure to take a hit like this. Not enough bandwith for the beta testers who are trying to play now let alone the people who will get home tonight, not to even mention the thousands who will buy the game on launch.
This is OPEN BETA it is meant as a STRESS TEST OF SERVERS AND NETWORK that is the whole point of this not to mention finding more bugs. So bear with them they only just started this whole thing and they will surely increase the stability of the servers, increase the bandwidth, and so forth before this ever Launches.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon_Lilith
This is OPEN BETA it is meant as a STRESS TEST OF SERVERS AND NETWORK that is the whole point of this not to mention finding more bugs. So bear with them they only just started this whole thing and they will surely increase the stability of the servers, increase the bandwidth, and so forth before this ever Launches.
They were messing with a property as popular as Star Wars though and just as old. What did they think would happen?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-12-2010, 02:21 PM
I just wanna try it out for a few minutes! Could people be time restricted to an hour or two at a time and have some sort of queue for people to sit in? The getting kicked out after paying $60 is just a little annoying...
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-12-2010, 02:22 PM
poor cryptic, i can hear them now

"Emergency Power to Bandwidth!!!"

"i'm given her all shes got captain! she cant take much more of this!"

i'm going to take a break until later tonight or tommorow for them to get things fixed.

hopefully things get better in the next few hrs
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-12-2010, 02:24 PM
jamin220 you dident pay 60usd to go into open beta.. you payed for the game. its not released yet.. all tho could think so with all this open beta people and free keys all over the place lol
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulious
This isnt an issue of how popular the game is or would be, it is the fact that Cryptic didnt have enough foresight to prepare for their network structure to take a hit like this. Not enough bandwith for the beta testers who are trying to play now let alone the people who will get home tonight, not to even mention the thousands who will buy the game on launch.
Nulious you must be new to stress testing. They are purposly stressing the servers. That is the main point of open Beta, the other point is to get rid of as many other bugs as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg0D
They were messing with a property as popular as Star Wars though and just as old. What did they think would happen?
actually star trek is older than Star wars by at least 10 to 15 years