Lt. Commander
# 11
01-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunski
Do you know what a BETA is?
This is not closed beta. I'd expect problems during cb. This is open beta, basically dress rehearsal for launch, and advertisement. I was through months of CB, had no problems with their server problems then. Open beta is different.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2010, 03:00 PM
dude guys patience is your friend and this is part of why they do open betas for stress testing ok?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2010, 03:03 PM
I have been involved with a few betas and launches so this type of thing is to be expected. They purposely kill the servers so they can test the limits of them. Stressing the servers is important to find out how they will react on the launch day. As far as I know we are 3 weeks from launch so its a long time yet.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoshaw
dude guys patience is your friend and this is part of why they do open betas for stress testing ok?
Time is what I don't have. In 2 hours I go to work, starting 6 night shifts, so basically today was my best chance at seeing this for a week.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-12-2010, 03:05 PM
well, if i look at our last closed beta test weekend last weekend.

pritty much had the same problems... (altho not as long with the getting connected back in tho..)
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-12-2010, 03:07 PM
One thing we know for a fact is that Cryptic employees are working hard right now, and in full swing.

While the amount of traffic is breaking things, we have no idea if Cryptic ran into an unknown in the equation that is network traffic and server processing. This is why it's still beta and not release.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturm375 View Post
Then it's time we expected more from companies. Not accept the same failures over and over and over again.
You mean that they are letting me help them test their game for free? Yeah, bunch of jerks. And no, this is not 'paid' for yet as I can cancel my preorder at any time.
Lt. Commander
# 18 Um...
01-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtauntaun View Post
You mean that they are letting me help them test their game for free? Yeah, bunch of jerks. And no, this is not 'paid' for yet as I can cancel my preorder at any time.
What's the point of "letting me help them test their game", if they won't let me on? Seriously, not what I was hoping for here. They knew how many pre-orders they had, it's not rocket science to figure out people are going to want to try out what they have pre-ordered. And maybe that's why its free, because they can't provide an experience at the moment that's worth paying for...

Plus, they leave us wasting our time with no system in place for getting in when someone does log off. Why should I have to log in to figure out that the server is currenttly full? At least with EVE, they have a que, and with City of Heroes, there are server demand bars to see what's going on...

I understand there are going to be issues in beta, but this type of stuff should have been figured out a little bit earlier...
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-12-2010, 03:30 PM
I think it's funny you guys are *****ing about "Paying for this" and "not letting me play", open beta (used to be called stress test) isn't paid gametime, it's not even the official game yet. If you don't want to play (or try to play) the game for free for the open beta, wait till the head start and ***** then. Beta's are for testing, feedback, and fixing, not to give you free play time for your personal entertainment.

That being said, it is annoying not to be able to play, just remember they're not doing it on purpose lol.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-12-2010, 03:32 PM
You idiots DO realize that part of the 'open' beta process is server stress testing, right?

Maps full, etc.. gives them valuable data on how the servers handle under load, etc. And I'm willing to bet that the servers available for the beta runs are not the full fleet, so to speak. Otherwise, stress testing would be useless.

It's also day 1. If you expected smooth sailing and zero issues, you're a bloody moron.

Quoted from the FAQ:

Quote:
We are aware some of you are experiencing frequent disconnects, and difficulties logging into the game. Please remember that Open Beta is still a Beta Test, and we are testing our servers under the strain you guys can put on it. We know this can be frustrating, but please hang in there. With your help, we'll be able to get all the kinks out of the system before launch day!