Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 A small tiny issue
01-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I know this isn't a bug, but I thought I would like to state for the record that you should have the Auto Join Group feature turned OFF at Launch. It's really annoying, in fact, I have spent the last hour trying to figure how to turn it off, and I have yet to succeed in this endeavor, can anyone help me with this?

I mean, this wouldn't be bad, if you were into grouping, but I like to solo when I try out a new MMO, not too mention when I was in the middle of a mission, I was brought half way across the galaxy to a group in a mission I just did. it was a grrrr moment.

Perhaps, you could put that in the tutorial latter on?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Logic would suggest that it would be in the game options.... but what the hell do I know, my client is still downloading!!! Seriously matey, I feel for you, I remember when that was a problem in the Beta to Earth & Beyond... *urgh* lets hope that gets cleared up real quickly!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rath View Post
Logic would suggest that it would be in the game options.... but what the hell do I know, my client is still downloading!!! Seriously matey, I feel for you, I remember when that was a problem in the Beta to Earth & Beyond... *urgh* lets hope that gets cleared up real quickly!
Well no, I finally figured it out, after an hour of looking, it's under the Social Tab, and you'll need to find the option to 'Block party requests' As much as I enjoy grouping, it's not always needed. Such as talking to several miners about stopped production, and such. I don't need 5 people for that, really, I don't. So to have an auto Join feature on this early in game play is... a little annoying to say the least.

That really is my only issue with STO so far, it really is a great game. The Tutorial was AWESOME, planet fights AWESOME, ship to ship AWESOME, and yes, even grouping WHEN YOU HAVE COMBAT SITUATIONS is AWESOME.

Keep in mind though, this is Open Beta... and it's the first day of Open Beta, we're getting a lot of crashes and servers are just full to the max and then some. So don't expect this to be a fully stable system right now, or even a month after launch for that matter. After two or three months of Launch, I totally expect things to mellow out a bit and servers to stabilize though... but I'm ranting now aren't I?