Lt. Commander
# 21 Can't Log on
01-12-2010, 02:58 PM
I purchased STO deluxe edition, I was a city of hero player for 5 years...I just left COH to get ready for STO...I have my beta key and I paid to join file planet so I could make sure that I downloaded the game in-time to play. After all that when I try and log-on it's saying it full!. This is not cool, I am a fan but I won't take to much of this,you got my money for the deluxe game...but if this keeps up ,you won't get my monthly fee. Sorry .... I want to play this game now!
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD.DON View Post
I purchased STO deluxe edition, I was a city of hero player for 5 years...I just left COH to get ready for STO...I have my beta key and I paid to join file planet so I could make sure that I downloaded the game in-time to play. After all that when I try and log-on it's saying it full!. This is not cool, I am a fan but I won't take to much of this,you got my money for the deluxe game...but if this keeps up ,you won't get my monthly fee. Sorry .... I want to play this game now!
The game will not be released until Feb 2nd.

Welcome to beta QQ
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-12-2010, 03:02 PM
been trying to login all day , no luck so far

it keeps saying the map is full , how is this possible ?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-12-2010, 03:11 PM
I guess there were more people than expected. Keep trying to log on, I occasionally make it on untill I have to transition and then I get disconnected with the same "Map is full" statement. Since this is Beta, its expected.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD.DON View Post
You do understand that today is a Stress test, right?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
You do understand that today is a Stress test, right?
That will work today, but not tomorrow :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonphase View Post
That will work today, but not tomorrow :p
I am getting the feeling that a lot of people really don't understand the concept of a BETA. None of these problems existed in Closed Beta so it seems reasonable to assume that they are being caused by the massive number of people who are trying to log on at once.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
I am getting the feeling that a lot of people really don't understand the concept of a BETA. None of these problems existed in Closed Beta so it seems reasonable to assume that they are being caused by the massive number of people who are trying to log on at once.
This looks suspiciously like trying to apply logic to the Internet.

Gym "And you know how badly that tends to turn out..." Quirk
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-12-2010, 03:44 PM
I don't know why everyone's getting so tied up over this. WoW (as I understand it) had similar problems with their beta and look how fine they are now. Just keep your pants on, we all know how unbelevably awsome this game is going to be (as far as what we've been told) all the closed reviews were great, so let's just wait a few weaks for the headstart (for those who have it) and enjoy the game to it's full capacity. And do you really want to wait ALL that time to join a game that's gonna be so laggy your legs are going to fall out along with your eyes? We've been waiting this long we can be patient a few more weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus95 View Post
I don't know why everyone's getting so tied up over this. WoW (as I understand it) had similar problems with their beta and look how fine they are now. Just keep your pants on, we all know how unbelevably awsome this game is going to be (as far as what we've been told) all the closed reviews were great, so let's just wait a few weaks for the headstart (for those who have it) and enjoy the game to it's full capacity. And do you really want to wait ALL that time to join a game that's gonna be so laggy your legs are going to fall out along with your eyes? We've been waiting this long we can be patient a few more weeks.
it was not just beta. WoW was all but unplayable for several weeks after actual Launch.