Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMaster View Post
You idiots DO realize that part of the 'open' beta process is server stress testing, right?

Maps full, etc.. gives them valuable data on how the servers handle under load, etc. And I'm willing to bet that the servers available for the beta runs are not the full fleet, so to speak. Otherwise, stress testing would be useless.

It's also day 1. If you expected smooth sailing and zero issues, you're a bloody moron.

I appreceate that maybe the server is full,,, so what we have to do now is simply sit at our computers and keep loging on in the dire hope that by some miracle we can suddenly get in!!!!.
No, that is just plain stupid. Cryptic SHOULD have at least a que system countdown so we litterally DONT waste OUR TIME
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
01-12-2010, 03:54 PM
This is not a beta guys.

I know it says Open Beta, but its not. They are pretty much REQUIRING you to go purchase a pre-order and for most that means buying the entire game. That means this is no longer a beta because we are paying to play it.

Now that being said, I know first day launches are ruff, but its been a long time since I saw one THIS bad.


If Cryptic is only going to have 1 server for the entire world then they really need to make sure that 1 server can handle everyone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
01-12-2010, 03:57 PM
+1 for a que system, something to let us know the state of things, eves client connects flawlessly for me and when it does have server problems it tells me almost instantly after a disconnect, with a mesage like server restarting or server down, when its up and theres a lot of traffic it puts me into a que for logging in 68 out of 400 as example..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
01-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevalon00

I know it says Open Beta, but its not. They are pretty much REQUIRING you to go purchase a pre-order and for most that means buying the entire game. That means this is no longer a beta because we are paying to play it.
Really? All of those people that got their beta keys from 10 Ton Hammer, etc (FOR FREE) are really all just having a collective hallucination and aren't really downloading or playing?

Wow, that was a slick move on Cryptic's part if so. Better sleight of hand than even Criss Angel or David Copperfield.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
01-12-2010, 04:00 PM
I got the same freaking problem, gues the server is a bit overloaded ???? :p:p

Hope this isnt the case when the game is released for real ?????

Greetz.,

Ps: The character making rocks hope the rest of the game is just as nice (hahahaha)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
01-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevalon00
This is not a beta guys.

I know it says Open Beta, but its not. They are pretty much REQUIRING you to go purchase a pre-order and for most that means buying the entire game. That means this is no longer a beta because we are paying to play it.

Now that being said, I know first day launches are ruff, but its been a long time since I saw one THIS bad.


If Cryptic is only going to have 1 server for the entire world then they really need to make sure that 1 server can handle everyone.
You don't have to pay to get a Beta Key. With that said, I think that Cryptic simply was not prepared for the level of interest in an MMORPG of an IP, like Star Trek. Champions could not have prepared them for this. I feel that there could have been a better method of deploying the client, but this is a part of what beta is all about. Cryptic is at least getting a rough idea of what type of infrastructure they are going to need for launch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
01-12-2010, 04:03 PM
With the downloading their was totally no problem, had downloaded the client in 1,5 hours.

So this is the first case STEAM rocks HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry for all the guys who bought this game not through steam
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
01-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
I got the same freaking problem, gues the server is a bit overloaded ???? :p:p

Hope this isnt the case when the game is released for real ?????

Greetz.,

Ps: The character making rocks hope the rest of the game is just as nice (hahahaha)

Maybe someone at Cryptic needs to seriously review the plan for only one server.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
01-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksith
Maybe someone at Cryptic needs to seriously review the plan for only one server.
It looks like STEAM may have been the only one that had their stuff on the ball.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
01-12-2010, 04:09 PM
So they know now that

a) Their login and accounting server won't handle the official start or the game. (As mor players will start as now.)
b) Their map/zone server is overloaded for the first few day of official start phase .. (see now)

do i think that these problem will not appear on official release .. yeah sure ...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:34 AM.