Lt. Commander
# 1 I need help fast and bad too
01-12-2010, 01:42 PM
I have only a short time here where i am at and i need to know why is the Star trek downloader running for a little bit then zero's out and just sits there with zeros no movement? is it something i have done or is it everyone downloading this at the same time?
Lt. Commander
oops posted twice sorry disregard this one
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel101977 View Post
I have only a short time here where i am at and i need to know why is the Star trek downloader running for a little bit then zero's out and just sits there with zeros no movement? is it something i have done or is it everyone downloading this at the same time?
Yup, network bandwidth is probably getting chewed away over there (or their servers, take your pick). If it stalls, it should pick up again eventually.

It does remember what files you've downloaded completely, so you can quite and restart to wake it up again. To check your file progress press 'X' on your keyboard when the downloader/launcher has focus.
Lt. Commander
# 4 huh?
01-12-2010, 01:48 PM
what do yu mean hit x when it is focused?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel101977 View Post
what do yu mean hit x when it is focused?
Press "X" on your keyboard when you have the installer/launcher up. Sorry for the programming terminology there, as "has focus" is a term for programming Windows, meaning when a specific window has the focus, or rather is active (current window). Sometimes it's tough to separate the programmer from the user in my thoughts.