Lt. Commander
# 1 Ashamed Ashmed
01-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Ive been downloading Sto beta since last night useing the Cryptic supplied downloaded which would have taken me days! So I went to Fileplanet and payed the 7 dollars spent 3 hours downloading from their site only to recive a corrupted file now I am trying AtomicGamer lets hope this new site works, I have been waiting for this game since first announced by Perpetual then when Cryptic said they took over was really excteing becuse I played COH/COV for many years, but now with this download client crap, some websites wanting to charge you for faster speeds and ect... I am ashamed on this day as a huge gamer and star trek fan. I find this to be unprofessional on Cryptics part and should feel ashamed, half the people most likely may not even be able to experience this beta now. if this new download dosnt work i may have to get my 160 dollars back and....sigh...return to WOW.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I agree totally on this. I spent money and then go to download doesn't work, and or get corrupted files... which who knows if there is viruses on these websites. You guys should really feel ashamed of yourselves for waisting people's time, and money... and charging them extra for these websites??? what heck is up with that!!! Rip off Rip off!! I'm to the point to get my money and return to WOW which they have normal dowloades.

Very unhappy Custumer!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Ran the torrent for 2 hours last night...few seeders, would have taken 80-120 hours on my cable conneciton.

Went with the STO downloader instead...after 22 hours, it's now at 80%. Gah.

Guess I'll see you all online tomorrow!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Cryptic has not charged anyone a cent.
The beta access via fileplanet is a perk for subscribers, your not actually buying access to the open beta.
And the open beta is just that.....BETA.... not DEMO...... but ..BETA.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Cryptic did in fact charge me for the game its self, however websites such as fileplanet does offer faster downloads for a price, therefore I payed the amount they require if Cryptics downloader offered a decent downloader I would have never spent the money.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Just an FYI, you don't have to PAY Fileplanet to get fast downloads. You just have to wait in a qeue more often than not without paying for the subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2010, 05:38 PM
ten ton hammer = $20.00 for a year 1 Beta key faster download then Free file planet (right now at 56 KB/sec (you have to keep trying connection is slow).

If you have not got the download by now, plan on not playing Beta until wed or thur.....
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Yes you can stay in queue for free, and I did do that. But my connection speed was still extremly low. So i payed and my connection speed doubled and only took 3 hours instead of 6 or more hours when I tryed the queue
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2010, 05:49 PM
I had the same experience with FilePlanet. Glacial download speeds (I'm talking in the range of 10kb/sec). I opted to shell out the money for a one-month subscription, and now I'm getting around 80kb/sec. It's still hardly mindblowing, but quite a bit better than before- hopefully it'll be done tomorrow or early Thursday. By then, enough people will have probably gotten fed up and left that I'll actually be able to get on! I wish I'd known about TTH, or I would have gone there.

I'm a big Trek fan, and I really, really wanted this to be a great game, but I'm starting to doubt it after all of these issues, not to mention some of the "support" I've seen offered by Cryptic devs on this board. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Who's Ashmed?