Lt. Commander
Hey just got new Ati card with ccc,

In most games you can change the settings ingame but also in the ccc.
Do I just play these ccc settings on standard to get the best performance for STO or do I need to set up some things like Ant-Aliasing / Adaptive Ant-Aliasing / Anisotropic Filtering etc, and what settings would be best then for star trek online?

sry to be noob tech but I dont understand all those options ^
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 04:29 AM
If i were you, which i'm not, but if i were, i would set all settings to 'application controlled'. Not sure if there is something like that as i've never used ccc... but you should have an option like that. Then just use the client to tweak your settings... i would hate to keep having to re-launch my app just to make some graphics changes. IMO
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Thanks, did that and the beta is working fine (love it) but the graphics are not that great.

Got a new card few weeks ago but my pc isnt that new, still played wow/**** on some nice graphic setings.

Comp info:

Dell Dimension E520
dualcore

2.8Ghz
2gig ram
HD Ati Sapphire Radeon 512 / 4850 (ye needed to revamp / new power suply for this)

If anyone can help me to setup or do some things to max boost graphic without taking the performance down that would be nice, or just comment / advise me on some things.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 05:05 PM
It's because Anti Aliasing is not working for ATI cards at the moment. It will in the near future, and the game will become purtier