If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
I am getting great bandwidth from people who have like 2% but then it slows to a crawl. Cryptic needs to add some seeds IMO. Normally a file that large does take 5-8 hours. But Ive already been on for 12 and its its only at 40% and estimates another 12! Lol. As i typed this i lost connection to a 5% peer and my ETA jumped to 21 hours! Probably people are hitting 100% then logging off to play the game and not seeding.
When I get home from work I'll fire up the server again. I can sustain 5Mbps with ease and if I dont do anything like watch a movie or play a game or do all three at the same time like I often do, I can achieve far faster speeds... Multitasking - it keeps one productive!
Use utorrent as it is a small, and VERY good bittorrent client.
Once installed follow these directions:
1. Click Options > Preferences
2. Click bandwidth in the colum on the left hand side.
3. On the right hand side, where it ays global download rate, in the box type "0".
4. Under "Number of Connections", enter "850" for the value of Maximum Connections, and a value between "100" and "300" for maximum connected peers. (This is important, as too high of a value in each box will choke your connection.
5. In the left hand column, click the option called BitTorrent.
6. Under Protocol Encryption, select "Forced" or "Enabled". This is usually a good way to bypass your isp's throttling systems. Also, make sure the checkbox next to "allow incoming legacy connections" is checked.
7. Hit apply, then OK, then restart your client.
Your uttorent client is now configured as best as can be to allow downlaods.
Leave it running to see how fast you can get the torrent. If you are still having issues, then there are only two reasons.
A) Your ISP does nto allow torrent downloading
B) The seeders on the torrent have restricted their upload speeds or there are too many leechers.
Hope this helps you.
I did adjust the Forced or enabled to 'forced'.... and finally after a bit, i shot from 50kbs to 250....