Lieutenant
# 1 chat channels conflict
11-27-2013, 05:32 PM
i was browsing chat channels and ended trying different names with "trade" in it when i just simply checked if theres a global "trade" channel in sto as well like in NW

thing was there is but not for/in STO as it put me in CO's trade channel (from sto??) in a way that i am not being able to leave/hide/remove or anything as its simply not listed there as an option or the "leave" button does not remove me //note, never played or installed CO//

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2sal46x.jpg

as u can see its have a sort of mess'd up name in the chat-line area ( untranslatedblabla_trade ) as well --> i have tried leaving via the console command "/channel_leave trade" and "/channel_leave untranslatedblabla_trade" too but no effect

biggest problem is its just "spams" all my chat tabs doesnt matter if i untick each and every channels i see in the options
( resetting chat/hud settings to default doesnt solve the problem either )

and lastly
i dont know if its get fixed anytime soon but meanwhile if someone, anyone could remove me from that channel id be a very happy gorn again

ps: i have issued this problem a day ago in a support ticket //and sent a bugreport// but no reply so far so..
-maybe its speeds this up
-and may prevent someone falling in the same trap

Last edited by nitefiuu; 11-27-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Ensign
# 2
12-01-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm having exactly the same problem. I can't get rid of trade from my normal chat tab. It's very annoying.
Lieutenant
# 3
12-07-2013, 09:43 AM
ok we managed to work out a solution with the support team that is rather simple but works:

install CO and you can leave the channel from that game for good

Last edited by nitefiuu; 12-07-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Ensign
# 4
12-11-2013, 05:19 PM
That worked for me, thanks.
Lieutenant
# 5
12-17-2013, 01:46 PM
What's CO????
Captain
# 6
12-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindrek View Post
What's CO????
Champions Online, Cryptic's oft-forgot superhero MMO based on the IP from the long-running RPG.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
02-13-2014, 12:45 PM
This just happened to me too. It's ridiculous that we have to download an entire other game just to leave this channel!
Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."