Captain
# 1 Realistic requests for 2014
12-08-2013, 05:55 AM
Like the title says, realistic requests. Don't expect me to be asking for 256739476 new KDF or science vessels. Don't expect any request that should give the developers a headache.

- Excelsior-era bridge pack. The only kind of canon bridges that are truly missing: the Constitution-Refit, Excelsior et cetera et cetera. In terms of possibility to acquire (we know that CBS has veto'd a Fleet Constitution): these bridges belong to half a dozen in-game ships: Constitution-refit, Miranda (original), Excelsior, Ambassador, Centaur, Cheyenne, Oberth. To get this kind of bridge for my ships, even if it is only limited to the ships mentioned above and still requires a Zen purchase, would make me a very happy man.

- A new featured Episode, dealing with the first contact between the Dyson Alliance and the Voth. As it stands, we discover the gateway, then are dropped into Dyson Joint Command, where we are hearing a war is already en route. I'd love to see a special Episode featuring the Voth, attempted negoiation, and the escalating conflict to the point of the all-out Solanae War (as I like to call it).

- A new series of PvE's for Fleet Marks: Starbase Assaults. In this, the team of players would not defend a Starbase belonging to their fleet, but rather attack one belonging to the fleet of their enemy. The NPC's would be a fleet of defenders and the Starbase itself, featuring a way to reroute shields to compensate for a lack of maneuverability. This would expand the player's view of the Klingon-Federation War, seeing that we are not only defending, but now are also taking the initiative to attack. Subsequent PvE's could be a Starbase Invasion (like Incursion) or a Blockade Establishment (hunt down enemy freighters).

- A "Founding New Romulus" celebration. Feds have First Contact Day, KDF has Day of Honor. This would seem like the most appropiate celebration for the Romulan Republic.

- A revamp of the space map Battle Group Omega. The dialogs there still mention forms of currency that are no longer in-game, and the zone itself could use a couple of Romulan ships.

That's my list for 2014. Discuss these ideas. If you have ideas of your own that are realistic for the developers to do next to the usual Season updates, feel free to post them as well.
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
WE NEED THE EXCELSIOR ERA BRIDGES INGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Undine of Ganalda - a forum light RP game
Proud leader of Delta Task Force
Captain
# 2
12-08-2013, 07:09 AM
An Excelsior Bridge and interior? w00t! Where do I sign the petition? pwe/cryptic, just shut up and take my money!
"There are warriors and then there are Jade Falcon Warriors!"

"The only gear a ship or away team requires is a competent Captain."
Career Officer
# 3
12-08-2013, 07:20 AM
- Fix the Marauding Boff.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Career Officer
# 4
12-08-2013, 07:30 AM
What I always ask for...

Fleet retrofit phasers

25th century skins for excelsior and nebula classes

Star cruiser to be made worthwhile again

Second skin for fed vet ship

Shuttle pvp

8472 stfs
Career Officer
# 5
12-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
1) Enable Benzite Bridge Officer Requisition; the model is already available, would just need some tweaking to have it come up as assignment / leveling rewards?

2) Enable Customization of Unique Bridge Officer Rewards:
* Cold War Breen
* Cloaked Intentions Reman
* The 2800 Jem Hadar
* Embassy Purchased Romulans
* KDF Marauding Bridge Officer Rewards (currently not customizable; FED options are)
* Any others that I haven't included here...

All of the above are suppose to be unique, yet all currently look exactly the same. Perhaps some limited customization if not full? In addition, the Reman & Romulan models (as of LoR) are already in game as customizable. At the very least, their clothing options should allow for the respective allegiance uniforms. Face/Body morphs should be open. If I could modify the Embassy Romulan, I'd buy one.

3) A new variant of the Galaxy Class:
My signature is one such suggestion, though I am aware of many others. (@Devs) you're probably aware of the ongoing discussions anyway, but:
* What is your beef with the Galaxy Cryptic?
* Suggestions for the Galaxy Class
* The new Galaxy Variant Speculation Thread

4) A upgrade of the Negh'var / Voodieh Class
As seen in most DS9 episodes with the under hull cannons / nacelles (or whatever they were)); at least an optional extra for current builds. The one we're all flying around with in-game is the Future Variant from TNG: All Good Things. That's great (as we're also flying around in tri-nacelled Galaxy Classes), but I think (for those of us that desire it) we could have those extra segments.

5) A Cardassian Bridge Officer
Either via a True Way / Terran Empire Featured Episode Series, or via some Embassy Project (if Cardassia gets an Embassy of their own with Spoon Marks etc). This request should relate to request #2 with customization too. Even if the Cardassians are to be the next mini faction, we're already able to gain a Reman and Romulan Boff, so why not a Cardassian also?

6) Viewable Kits & Armour for Klingon and Romulan players.
Currently lacking.

Feel free to add to the list, though please be realistic, no "I want a borg faction" cause that's just stupid (and unrealistic, considering I / we should be expecting this list next year). If we're lucky, I'm hoping some of our requests here will get fulfilled. If not, roll on 2015?
Original Post Here
Career Officer
# 6
12-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
- Fix the Marauding Boff.
Hey, I thought this thread was about realistic requests.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
12-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Original Post Here
Hey, I thought this thread was about realistic requests.
Same thing I thought when I saw the post before yours.
Career Officer
# 8
12-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Still waiting for that "First Officer to Playable Captain" system that was discussed ages ago. Would REALLY love to see that implemented.
Captain
# 9
12-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Damage cut by 50% for all players and ships

shields and heals cut by 50% for all players and ships

DOFF abilitys cut by 75%

Speed and manoverability cut by 50% for ships

that would be a start
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
# 10
12-08-2013, 11:00 AM
This revamp of the Foundry storefront.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer