Ensign
# 161
11-21-2013, 05:49 PM
I've been playing STO for a while, and I'm just now starting to get into keybinding. I have read the most popular guides, but I still have some questions, particularly with stringing together multiple commands:

1) Hypothetical Situation. I have a keybind with 10 commands strung together. I hit the key three times, but the fourth command is on a shared cooldown and still has 10 seconds left. What will the fourth press do? Will it skip the fourth and try the fifth? Will it error out and force me to wait?

2) World of ******** macros had a "reset" feature, that is you could specify when a macro was supposed to stop what it was doing and go back to the start. Do STO keybinds have this feature? If I start a string of 10 commands and stop at 7, does the key eventually 'reset' and start back at 1? If so, what are the criteria

3) Does STO have any 'practice dummies'? I have been trying to answer these questions myself through experimentation, but doing so in live combat is too distracting.
Career Officer
# 162
11-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Just come back after long time away.

Alot has changed but somethings haven't.

Ground still sucks just constant tapping fire to kill then basically running to next objecgive tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap and so on.

Now to the ships. Im still learning the game again basically.

Now its free to play I dont really see much benefit of having a lifetime subscription.

Ships costing dilithium. Zen etc. On a pkus note when I logged in I had 12, 000 zen in my account. Tae it I get free zen as I have lifetime subscription?

But from what I seen there is not much opportunity to get dilithium in the earlier ranks (only at commander atm) is there events or such to get some at this rank?

Is therw a guide to how the consoles nad abilities work with eachother in improving skills??

L

Inventory space seems drastically reduced and is always full already
Commander
# 163
11-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Well, I'm a tad jealous, however, with that much Zen in your account, you can convert your Zen to dilithium using the Dilithium Exhange... You can get quite a bit and then some with 12,000 Zen...

If there's a console guide, I'd love to see it too... I use sto.gamepedia.com for most of my resources, but I'm too lazy to do my own math...
Career Officer
# 164 hey
12-08-2013, 03:52 PM
could one of you post a solid and detailed you tube video for fastest game on ice there's a lot of tips that need to be mentioned like turning on curves,jumping,cutting corners,i hit the forward button once so i slide forward id like someone to take all the tips and put them into one video and i did a lot of you tubing i haven't found one with all the tops there's a lot of techniques but not one video has all of the techniques mentioned in this forum
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=943771
and all the videos i looked at feel free to add anything else i failed to mention