Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 131
01-12-2010, 06:18 PM
yep cant load map error...sigh i hope they make a Post and Say... HOW MANY PPL tried to login and broke it. would be interesting to see their forcast compared to what did log in.
Lt. Commander
# 132
01-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Personally I am not upset, I would like to be playing right now, but I understand they are stress testing.
However, not being able to play at all is frustrating for people that payed money to play this game as I did. I am patient, and love the game so far so I am willing to wait. But Cryptic must be aware that other people are not as patient as I am. Itís been two hours since I got booted for the map error, and I have been unable to log on since.

If Cryptic was wise they would at least let us know how long we should expect to wait, even just a heads up would be nice. A lot of us could be doing other things then trying to log in every ten minutes. It just makes a bad situation worse. If you can, try to give us some sort of time frame.
Lt. Commander
# 133
01-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Beta or not, if the game launches like this, it will be a disaster. Fortunately, they have a couple of weeks to figure out and hopefully be able to fix it. Not being able to load zones, maps, whatever you call it is a pretty big deal for an MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 134
01-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessy
Beta or not, if the game launches like this, it will be a disaster. Fortunately, they have a couple of weeks to figure out and hopefully be able to fix it. Not being able to load zones, maps, whatever you call it is a pretty big deal for an MMO.
Hopefully they won't make the same mistake **** did @ launch
Lt. Commander
# 135
01-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Wow can't believe all the people defending Cryptic.

Yes it is the first day of beta.
Yes it is beta.
Yes Crytpic should have anticipated the demand, based on preoders etc.
Yes people will grind their teeth and deal with it in beta, but people will not put up with it at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 136
01-12-2010, 06:43 PM
lol. I got in for like 45 seconds in the sector map. Tried to move to my next mission....

Boot. Disconnected.

Tried to rel-og.

"Map cannot load as map is full."

KAHHHHHHNNNNN!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 137 Map does not load
01-12-2010, 07:45 PM
nevermind ....
Lt. Commander
# 138
01-12-2010, 07:57 PM
As of yet the only mistake I have seen is not defining that Beta is our chance to help them improve the game and troubleshoot bugs before launch. Our reward is a chance to play the game at no initial cost during this final phase of development. If you are concerned about a polished final product wait for the early launch or final launch on 2/2 when you are actually paying for it.. All bugs aside I am glad to have the chance to play it at all as I find the game itself to be incredible when it is working.