Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Career Officer
# 11
12-09-2013, 06:02 PM
multiple post!
Captain
# 12
12-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
If you needed that T4 ability to be capable in PvE, then I think the gene pool deserves your scorn, not the PvP Community.
Its nothing about need, its about you and your kind making an ability that was some what useful in PvE completely worthless just so your small minority of players that give a **** about PvP don't have problems. Notice I did agree the pet stacking needed to be fixed. It was fun but obviously a bug. The nerfing is the removal of player stacks and was clearly done to appease you and your kind at the expense of everyone else.
Fed Fleet: Kodiak Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20) | KDF Fleet: Imperial Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20)

Last edited by john98837; 12-09-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
12-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Really nice to see these fixes, I hope they don't break anything existing and will reach Holodeck ASAP!

If you needed that T4 ability to be capable in PvE, then I think the gene pool deserves your scorn, not the PvP Community.

Can I ask what happened to the 2012 Fleet Starbase hologram decoration? I ran past where it should be the other day and noticed it had gone. Our fleet had it before and we could switch it on & off at will, now no longer! Is that intended?
There should be a fleet console somewhere that has "Manage Holiday Decorations" allowing you to switch from the 2012 to 2013 decoration, or disable it completely.
Commander
# 14
12-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
Dyson Tier 4 Offensive Rep Ability "Tactical Advantage" no longer stacks, and will now only benefit damage from the owner of this ability.
Is there any chance those of us who have reached T4 already can get a redo on that particular passive selection?
Captain
# 15
12-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
Its nothing about need, its about you and your kind making an ability that was some what useful in PvE completely worthless just so your small minority of players that give a **** about PvP don't have problems. Notice I did agree the pet stacking needed to be fixed. It was fun but obviously a bug. The nerfing is the removal of player stacks and was clearly done to appease you and your kind at the expense of everyone else.
I'm still trying to get the gist of why you think it's worthless. When I took the ability on Willard, it was based solely on the comparison of the two tooltips and what it looked like it would do. That it turned out to do far more than that after taking it...well...that doesn't change that I made the initial decision based on what the tooltip said - which is basically what they're making it do now.

If it is a case that it's now worthless for a particular build you have, where the other selection would have been better...well, that's no different than saying equipping Photon consoles for a Disruptor build without any Photons is kind of silly. Not everything is going to be of equal value to every build...and just because something may be useless to Build X, that doesn't mean that it is useless to Build Y. Calling something worthless in that manner...is way over the top.

If you picked the ability based on what you heard, rather than what the tooltip said - looking to get more out of it than it said it was going to do - that's on you...nobody else. In one of the few recommendations I've ever made, I recommended folks wait and see what Cryptic said on the matter - since the actual passive was much better than the tooltip suggested. Unless they were sure they wanted exactly what it said vs. what the Active Hardening said or the Hardening over the Advantage, it would be best to wait, no?

Blaming anybody else but yourself on the selection - well - that's just silly, imho. Cause if it was a case of picking based on the tooltips, that hasn't changed...if you picked based on hearing that it was much better...heh, that's your own fault.

Still though, would have liked them to do have done a two step process with it. Fix the obvious issue with pets...get that out of the way...then check on the stacking itself over a period of time to see if it needed to be adjusted. Then again, maybe they did...hrmm...but there's so many things they could have done, eh?

Reduced the number of times it could stack from multiple players - didn't have to be 5, could have been 4, 3, 2...would have been a decent way to do further testing, no? Reducing the individual benefit to reduce the overall benefit...meh, that would have sucked.

As it stands though, it will be a case of making the argument one way or another than Tactical Advantage is not on par with other T4 abilities, including Active Hardening. Taking a look at it from various builds, since again - for Build X it might be complete garbage while for Build Y it might be an early Christmas.

The other thing, mind you, that I didn't see mentioned - was about the T3 showing up at times as well...I didn't take it, so I can't test it - so it's been hit or miss with running with folks that did have it to see it as a continuous problem and what might be the cause of that.

Cause that's something that could have come into play with making this decision on their part as well...was the data just from the T4 or a combination of the T3 and T4, so you had the equivalent of 10 stacks instead of 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalani2 View Post
Is there any chance those of us who have reached T4 already can get a redo on that particular passive selection?
It's being changed to do what it says it does. If somebody picked it because of hearing that it did something other than what it said it would do...Cryptic should offer a token for that? Er...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 16
12-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
Your kind? You make it sound as if PVPers don't PVE and vice versa.

Cry me a river.

Harden up Princess
Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
www.ausmonauts.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
12-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Own the Bastion and the Palisade - transferred the character with them to Tribble last week. Not seeing the new Voth type 1 skin - and the '5a' remains selectable on a Federation character.

Mildly disappointed in the Dyson Tier 4 power change, but I can see the need for the change.
Career Officer
# 18
12-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Hopefully you guys have a FAW fix (a proper one this time) coming in sometime in this week. Its sad to see one bug being fixed and another being introduced. Judging from the past - FAW takes a very long time to get fixed... so I'll keep my hopes on the lower end of the scale.
Leader of the Lost 9th Fleet
Admin on DPS-10k, 20k
In game: @vividh
Rihannsu
# 19
12-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
I'm still trying to get the gist of why you think it's worthless. When I took the ability on Willard, it was based solely on the comparison of the two tooltips and what it looked like it would do. That it turned out to do far more than that after taking it...well...that doesn't change that I made the initial decision based on what the tooltip said - which is basically what they're making it do now.

If it is a case that it's now worthless for a particular build you have, where the other selection would have been better...well, that's no different than saying equipping Photon consoles for a Disruptor build without any Photons is kind of silly. Not everything is going to be of equal value to every build...and just because something may be useless to Build X, that doesn't mean that it is useless to Build Y. Calling something worthless in that manner...is way over the top.

If you picked the ability based on what you heard, rather than what the tooltip said - looking to get more out of it than it said it was going to do - that's on you...nobody else. In one of the few recommendations I've ever made, I recommended folks wait and see what Cryptic said on the matter - since the actual passive was much better than the tooltip suggested. Unless they were sure they wanted exactly what it said vs. what the Active Hardening said or the Hardening over the Advantage, it would be best to wait, no?

Blaming anybody else but yourself on the selection - well - that's just silly, imho. Cause if it was a case of picking based on the tooltips, that hasn't changed...if you picked based on hearing that it was much better...heh, that's your own fault.

Still though, would have liked them to do have done a two step process with it. Fix the obvious issue with pets...get that out of the way...then check on the stacking itself over a period of time to see if it needed to be adjusted. Then again, maybe they did...hrmm...but there's so many things they could have done, eh?

Reduced the number of times it could stack from multiple players - didn't have to be 5, could have been 4, 3, 2...would have been a decent way to do further testing, no? Reducing the individual benefit to reduce the overall benefit...meh, that would have sucked.

As it stands though, it will be a case of making the argument one way or another than Tactical Advantage is not on par with other T4 abilities, including Active Hardening. Taking a look at it from various builds, since again - for Build X it might be complete garbage while for Build Y it might be an early Christmas.

The other thing, mind you, that I didn't see mentioned - was about the T3 showing up at times as well...I didn't take it, so I can't test it - so it's been hit or miss with running with folks that did have it to see it as a continuous problem and what might be the cause of that.

Cause that's something that could have come into play with making this decision on their part as well...was the data just from the T4 or a combination of the T3 and T4, so you had the equivalent of 10 stacks instead of 5?

It's being changed to do what it says it does. If somebody picked it because of hearing that it did something other than what it said it would do...Cryptic should offer a token for that? Er...
And it has never happened that a tooltip was inaccurate on an item or ability that cryptic has had to change it. Neither has anyone ever gotten input from others regarding an item/build/ship/etc to optimize whatever it is they are doing. The passive doesn't say it shouldn't stack so when it was found out it did it made perfect sense to pick that passive over the other. Now, its being changed to not stack and therefore a respect token should be given. Its one thing with ships where "subject to change" is blatantly shown but no where on rep passives does it say that.
Captain
# 20
12-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbailey View Post
And it has never happened that a tooltip was inaccurate on an item or ability that cryptic has had to change it. Neither has anyone ever gotten input from others regarding an item/build/ship/etc to optimize whatever it is they are doing. The passive doesn't say it shouldn't stack so when it was found out it did it made perfect sense to pick that passive over the other. Now, its being changed to not stack and therefore a respect token should be given. Its one thing with ships where "subject to change" is blatantly shown but no where on rep passives does it say that.
No, when it was found out that the passive did stack - it was reasonable to ask Cryptic if it was meant to stack.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin