Lt. Commander
Maybes in the wrong forum but nevermind.

Can someone give me some insight as to what settings ill be able to play STO on with my current rig.

Specs:
Manufacturer: OEM
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Hard Drive: 320 GB Total
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
Operating Syst: Windows XP

So, how will that do?

Personally, i would be looking to play the game on anywhere from medium upwards, as bad graphics sometimes put me off a game although im sure that even on medium the game will look epic. If i was to upgrade, i was thinking perhaps, just graphics card really, New NVIDIA card of somesort. And perhaps some more RAM?

Second opinions please, and ofcourse, the most important questions. Based on my current specs what level of detail will i be able to play STO on?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benno93 View Post
Maybes in the wrong forum but nevermind.

Can someone give me some insight as to what settings ill be able to play STO on with my current rig.

Specs:
Manufacturer: OEM
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Hard Drive: 320 GB Total
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
Operating Syst: Windows XP

So, how will that do?

Personally, i would be looking to play the game on anywhere from medium upwards, as bad graphics sometimes put me off a game although im sure that even on medium the game will look epic. If i was to upgrade, i was thinking perhaps, just graphics card really, New NVIDIA card of somesort. And perhaps some more RAM?

Second opinions please, and ofcourse, the most important questions. Based on my current specs what level of detail will i be able to play STO on?
Your OK you will just need to adjust the in-game settings. Lower or disable AA. Lower the lighting. Don't play at you monitor max resolution. You are just going to have to play with the settings. Since it is the first day of OB there will be a lot of lag in the first map and in the Star Base 1? map because of all the people.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the reply. Any ideas on what i'd need to possibly upgrade to be able to play STO on high settings?

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2010, 02:28 AM
Everything, minus the hard drive and operating system

Good for RAM. Processor looks fine, somewhere between minimum and recommended. Graphics card: you should be fine, but you will be at minimum it looks.

I think graphics card will do the most, because you can "tweak" the CPU by eliminating all other non-essential processes on your computer, effectively demanding the attention of your processor for the game. You won't need a stellar (no pun intended) GPU to run STO; I have the minimum requirements for graphics, but what I lose in GPU power, I gain in CPU and RAM. Just some tweaking of resolution, graphics, lighting, etc. is needed. The game still looks awesome in lower graphics settings. Hope it goes well!