Captain
# 11
12-12-2013, 06:34 AM
You can turn the voices to 0 in the audio menu. Everything else will be working, but NPC voice will be muted.

And I thought "Kurland here !" was annoying^^

Commander
# 12
12-12-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
Don't you want an epohh friend?
I love that. Best line in the winter event. Someone even had a cool signature with that line.
QUEEN SCORA
The best player in the history of mankind. The strongest in the universe. Fearless, powerful, and adaptive.
You wanna fight the best? Challenge me @Atlantra.

Career Officer
# 13
12-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
There's another option! Turn off your audio!
I almost always have my audio off - the music/FX iritate my wife.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 14
12-12-2013, 08:37 AM
To answer with an old saying...

Silence is GOLDEN!

Please put socks in all of their mouths or cover them with holiday colored DUCT TAPE!

Thank you
Creator of Olympus - Home of the Gods
"I don't test my code often, but when I do I test it in Production"The most interesting dev in the world

I rather be a fence post in Texas than the King of PWE
Captain
# 15
12-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Even with voices off, you still hear the very annoying Q butt kissing and other voices. The sliders for audio when using a digital output don't work in most cases, like the voice over audio slider. This has been an issue in STO for quite some time and has been around longer than F2P has from what others have told me.
<--------------------> <--------------------> <-------------------->
Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
Career Officer
# 16
12-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l9of20 View Post
All the NPC's that stand around with the audio tracks of them "kissing Q's butt" is annoying. I know you guys are wanting to keep everything fresh, but that is frustratingly annoying. I have to completely mute my sound so I DONT have to hear "Q IS THE GREATEST MAN I WILL EVER KNOW!!!" or "Q IS A GENIUS..... And so hansom." or "EPOHH'S! GET YOUR FREINDLY EPOHH'S!" "DON'T YOU WANT AN EPOHH FRIEND?!?" That / snip :
Remember, it is Q's wonderland.. and Q is annoyed Picard, Janeway, Sisko and everyone around him in every episode.

I think it would be just like Q to make his creations annoy you
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Captain
# 17
12-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l9of20 View Post
I have seen people in Zone chat even say that they want to take an EPOHH and shove it down her digital throat to shut her up
I like the Eppoh chick. Think of her as a constant reminder of the level of Quality Assurance that goes into every new piece of STO, a thorough check, and re-check, before being gently, placed into the hands of you, the player. Someone couldn't even be bothered to proof read a 3 second sound bite.

"Epohh... no, no, no, say it again, only say eee-pohh... eee-pohh. Get it, Toots? Long E, right? Ready for take two... and... go."
This all happened... more, or less.
Career Officer
# 18
12-12-2013, 08:55 AM
There's another option. Stop wasting time with this pointless event. Besides, why the hell would Q of all people give us mere mortals a gift that didn't benefit him in some large way?
Career Officer
# 19
12-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Because Q thinks we are his favourite toys. He gets amused by the simple and silly things we will willingly do for virtually worthless rewards. That and he loves to be adored and doing this encourages people to not think of him as the destroyer of galaxies.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Captain
# 20
12-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghyudt View Post
There's another option. Stop wasting time with this pointless event. Besides, why the hell would Q of all people give us mere mortals a gift that didn't benefit him in some large way?
How do you know it isn't benefitting him?

Hey, know what let's have a Gingerbread Factory fleet holding, that's tied to the Winter Event! Brilliant!
This all happened... more, or less.