Rihannsu
# 21
06-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
hmmh?

i use MSI Afterburner all the time too...
i get the occasional CTD...
nothing too terrible but if i can get rid of those that'd be nice anyway.

how exactly would these "known" instabilities look like with MSI Afterburner?

i use it to slow down the way too loud fan on my GPU, not to OC it
Do you have the monitoring turned on? The card could be getting too hot and throttling thus causing the crash. If you use the MSI Afterburner monitoring graph it might show something.
Ensign
So, I don't think anyone else has decided to add this to the forums, but I think I've figured out how to get TeamViewer (as of this writing, TeamViewer 8) to work with Star Trek Online without having to shut down TV8.

Close STO Launcher. Go into the Options menu, go to the Advanced tab (on the left). Click the Configure... button next to QuickConnect button.

Make sure Show QuickConnect button is unchecked. Click OK to apply all changes to your options.

It seems to allow STO to actually work.

Hopefully that helps anyone who uses TV8 to remote into their home machines.
Career Officer
# 23
07-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaculpa View Post
so, I Don't Think Anyone Else Has Decided To Add This To The Forums, But I Think I've Figured Out How To Get Teamviewer (as Of This Writing, Teamviewer 8) To Work With Star Trek Online Without Having To Shut Down Tv8.

Close Sto Launcher. Go Into The options Menu, Go To The advanced Tab (on The Left). Click The configure... Button Next To quickconnect Button.

Make Sure show Quickconnect Button Is Unchecked. Click Ok To Apply All Changes To Your Options.

It Seems To Allow Sto To Actually Work.

Hopefully That Helps Anyone Who Uses Tv8 To Remote Into Their Home Machines.
Thank You!!!
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Commander
# 24
08-16-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88 View Post
msi afterburner? whyyyyy! i use it for overclock and gpu fan control
I use it too to oc my gtx670 but no stability issues noticedmyet.
Lieutenant
# 25
08-27-2013, 05:35 AM
My problem is that I can't access my STO account, I can get in tribble and champions like normal but I can't access the STO? What is going on please, this has gone on for two days now?????
Ensign
# 26
11-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Add RadeonPro to the list. Couldn't start the game until I closed it.
Career Officer
# 27
11-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Can someone please Test Netflix as a possible Conflict.

I tested on multiple networks at multiple locations.

With STO playing : if Netflix is started on the same computer STO crashes.to the desktop.

However if Netflix is started before STO is started no crash occurs.

Netflix has been doing updates and this started when they started messing around.

can someone please test this before it is confirmed?
2 mins preview My 1st Foundry mission Cube 571 Coming Dec 24 Trailer
Short 10 sec trailer for Cube 571

The one good thing about being Borg you never need tech-support
Before you post in the STO tech support forum
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
12-02-2013, 05:54 AM
I'd like to report Radeonpro as a conflict. Each time one tries to run STO with RP in the background, STO will crash with the error ID 26531885. The conflict seems to have been introduced with s8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraboten View Post
Add RadeonPro to the list. Couldn't start the game until I closed it.
What this dude said.
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, sultan of stun, captain of things obvious and people oblivious.
The only one who dislikes the oddy outfit. Would love a t5 TMP Constitution class or a Fleet K'tinga revamp!
In memoriam, exploration clusters, a victim of the great content massacre. 2010-2014.
Ensign
# 29 Removing program from system
12-13-2013, 11:14 AM
I have not been able to play this game, filed 3 tickets, never resolved and it is sitting in 12 GB of harddrive that I could be using for something else. Please help me to remove this or a place I can contact the source to uninstall STO. Thank you
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
12-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbyrne View Post
I have not been able to play this game, filed 3 tickets, never resolved and it is sitting in 12 GB of harddrive that I could be using for something else. Please help me to remove this or a place I can contact the source to uninstall STO. Thank you
The game un-installs just like any other program lol.
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, sultan of stun, captain of things obvious and people oblivious.
The only one who dislikes the oddy outfit. Would love a t5 TMP Constitution class or a Fleet K'tinga revamp!
In memoriam, exploration clusters, a victim of the great content massacre. 2010-2014.