Lt. Commander
# 21
01-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah im having the exact same problem. i had the same issues in Champions too, which was what caused me to stop playing it.. i seriously hoped with the extra funding from Atari it would of been addressed better for STO... i am almost certain this is still going to persist through to release and beyond. this was the reason they started the proxy options in champions and followed it over to sto

there will be messages about 'rubber bandind' from devs and such.. i have done everything they all suggested open ports on router. to changes of anti virus, driver updates... nothing every works..

this is infuriating.

im using XP and BT-internet in the UK
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Same happening here.

Was fine all day, but since about 1 hour I cannot stay ingame for more than 2 minutes (after the long loadtimes).

Also located in the EU
Lt. Commander
# 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius.
Yeah im having the exact same problem. i had the same issues in Champions too, which was what caused me to stop playing it.. i seriously hoped with the extra funding from Atari it would of been addressed better for STO... i am almost certain this is still going to persist through to release and beyond. this was the reason they started the proxy options in champions and followed it over to sto

there will be messages about 'rubber bandind' from devs and such.. i have done everything they all suggested open ports on router. to changes of anti virus, driver updates... nothing every works..

this is infuriating.

im using XP and BT-internet in the UK
Can you post those ports.. it might make a difference

I'm not using a proxy.. i know there was an option for that on the launcher.. but i didn't know what to use
Lt. Commander
# 24
Today morning i played for like 3 hours without single disconnect. I log now, and i dc every 30-90 sec.... i know its beta but seriously.....
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Yup, time to reboot the server guys. I think we can all put up with 15 minutes of down-time for some stability.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-13-2010, 11:41 AM
This was from the champions online forums

Connection not responding

See if you can find any tips there that work for you and please let me know, i have already tried so much.

What i would also be interested to know is how your connected to your router, is it wired, direct connections.. or perhaps wireless.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:

See if you can find any tips there that work for you and please let me know, i have already tried so much.
basic useless information...
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:

Thanks for that.. I hope the dev's have looked at this thread and can do something specific for the EU folks..
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-13-2010, 11:46 AM
this is due to the east cost cluster heating up with europe waking try connect via proxy thats on the west cost.

i live in china so this is common for me lol proxy FTW!
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Just started getting this in the past 15 minutes, been fine up until now. Happening either while loading into game or shortly after entering.