Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Disconnecting every 2 minutes. Transitions from Ground to Space & vice versa are borked again - my ship is showing up on the Ground, and my Captain in space.

Very unstable.
Lt. Commander
# 2 its server lag
01-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Its server lag, the avatars eventually swap out (for me) when the area catches up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Yep. It's definitely having stress load issues atm.

Took 4 attempts to warp out of Sol to the Sector map. Disconn'd a minute after that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2010, 12:10 PM
...I give up for today

Totally unplayable. get kicked every minute. retrieving chaaracters and maps takes a minute...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2010, 12:13 PM
yeah, this isn't busy time, either.
This is a very strange beta but hopefully they will get it fixed before release.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2010, 12:14 PM
think of it this way...would you rather it went through this stage now, or when the game came out?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Oh, I agree.
But this is beta for two weeks. This server issue is preventing people from testing other aspects of the game.
you have to admit, such a severe problem showing up like this only now and not in the past few months of testing is suprising.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2010, 12:23 PM
i keep waiting for a dev to tell us there is a fix coming we are working on it but at the same time i know they are working on it. i know there is a fix coming . I love this game. It has a ton of potential and i really have enjoyed what i have been able to play in this game.

i know its beta and i know they are gonna bust there butts to get this up and running as quick as possible. so im gonna go take a shower, shave my two days of beard from trying to play this 24/7 and hope something is done when i get back.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Oh, I agree.
But this is beta for two weeks. This server issue is preventing people from testing other aspects of the game.
you have to admit, such a severe problem showing up like this only now and not in the past few months of testing is suprising.
They haven't had NEARLY as many people in the past few months of testing. Server issues like these are to be expected.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-13-2010, 12:25 PM
I think an additional important detail about the 'starship in ground missions' is that if you've selected an away team with all BOs, and you appear as a starship, even if you do eventually morph back into your character, you'll be solo, without security officers or BOs or ability to call them, in your ground mish.

It seems that if your default away team contains security officers they'll spawn with you, so you'll have x-many redshirts around you, but only if your away team contains non-BOs.