Hi guys, Hulk/Mal here
The DPS channels are having a shake up DPS-5000 DPS-8000 DPS-11000 are all being deleted and merged into one channel DPS-10,000
the reasons are as follows:
1) the 5k channel has no to little operators and has no ability to make more
2) the standard of player in the 5k has dropped considerably
3) the mentality of these channels is not what we intended, while we understand some people do not want to do strive for high dps that is fine these channels are not for you
4) high power creep and skill increases means 10k is considered the new baseline by many of admins
5) we want to help everyone and to do that effectively we need the members to be as up for improvment as the admin are to help them improve so the 10k limit is a good half way point
6) standardisation 11k channel had too many rules
the new channels will be 10k>20k>30k
FOR PLAYERS WHO DO NOT REACH 10K 20K OR 30K there is a public channel called DPS-Public
http://tinyurl.com/onc6wd6 this is new approved combatlog reader
in the update (15.12.2013) There is a box to check for the dps channels settings
ise will be used as the test zone as its the best standard candle test in game
once this transistion is complete i will edit this post
these are the current records for our channels and we will continue to improve and help our members
"Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishment toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results, Together we can push for more."
Pretty much several of us are on during the day. So, just look for our @ names. Be more than happy to give you a test run and bring you into the community. I will add other names to the list to look for as well.
I didn't really pay attention to such things in the past, but I'm seeing it creep downward.
I consider myself a fairly stupid support player. I might not know the whys, but when someone hits me with a clue by four, I listen. Probe duty? On it.
I used to fly a cruiser, and I had no idea what I was doing. Then I built a hilbert PVEscort, and thought I was doing a bit better.
But now I hear 5k isn't cutting it? I'm getting yelled at in KSE's because I'm supposed to hit some magical limbo bar I can't even see. If you are going to crack down, crack down hard. The bleed out is hitting us casuals.
Apologies if this is inappropriate. I realize that there will always be DPS police in STF's, but I'm trying my hardest and just being told I suck.
this is what the DPS channels have been about asking and learning and improving
Originally Posted by afreeby
But now I hear 5k isn't cutting it? ...
I realize that there will always be DPS police in STF's, but I'm trying my hardest and just being told I suck.
yes 5K isnt cutting it not when 50k is possible, if you dont want to improve these channels are not for you, IF however you DO want to improve there are many players here that will take the time to help you do just that.