Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 41
01-13-2010, 01:05 PM
getting disconnects too, and sometimes i can't login after i'm getting disconnected.
Lt. Commander
# 42 Server not responding
01-13-2010, 01:11 PM
I too keep getting disconnected due to server not responding.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Well, it looks like we are all in the same group. Constant disconnects.
Lt. Commander
# 44 Same here from Canada
01-13-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm in Canada on broadband and I'm getting the exact same thing here - immediate and constant disconnects. I've seen this sort of thing before in **** because of a P2P filter at the ISP level - but I can't be sure without sniffing the segment and analyzing it, and that's not my job here.

BTW - if you're so inclined a good sniffer is Wireshark - and it's free.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm also getting a lot of disconnects. In my case, 90% of the disconnects and 'server not responding' messages are happening while in the sector map, where you travel from system to system.
Lt. Commander
# 46 Am i the only one?
01-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISoldat View Post
You are testing something though, they are working out the kinks of server stability. With Closed beta there were about 8k on at most at the same time, with this you have and I am prob low balling it, 50k folks. Servers need to be tweaked to handle it properly, instances need to pop up to take the added pressure. Seems like what is happening right now is more instances aren't creating, so folks are being shuffled from one full instance to another, when you have thousands of people doing that the servers are about to blow a gasket.
Can I just ask if im the only one that feels that the open beta is actually a load of bull? yes the closed beta had less people to test how the servers did, but I really dont see why we had to pay to be the next guinea pigs. Open beta my butt, i have only had like an hour on the game due to the server not responding issue and more. The hour i have had actually playing i have been thrown about the place and this isnt even in combat its due to some glitch which apparently a blocked port is the explination. I checked my ports and they are all unblocked and my 2 desktops have the lastest processer and a very expensive fast graphics card plus 4 gig of ram so not really my comps before anyone comes back saying "oh well your comp is **it". They have quite obviously split the beta into two parts to get more money out of people. I'm just sorry I bothered to pay extra to play the game early as its been nothing but a waste of time and money. Hopefully when the game is finally finished it will work properly but im predicting even then problems will be occurring. So anyway well done Cryptic good job on the great game! ~claps~ (that was sarcasm btw)
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-13-2010, 02:12 PM
im now flickering i keep geting a message" server not responding" and the lag is real bad u try fighting where u studer around in pvp but im sure theres a fix in works since its what been said in zone