Ensign
Me and my flatmate are trying to play the game together, he logs in and then i do. A moment later and I get disconnected from the server and this re-occurs every time i connect again. His connection this whole time is perfectly fine.

Is there some issue with multiple players in a household or is it something to do with our network, because this is really frustrating and i just want to play the game...
Career Officer
# 2
12-17-2013, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazethehusky View Post
Is there some issue with multiple players in a household or is it something to do with our network, because this is really frustrating and i just want to play the game...
There is nothing on the STO end of things that would prevent multiple players from playing from the same network. This is probably a issue with your local network, especially since STO uses a very large number of simultaneous open network connections, and this is a known limitation with many low end routers on the number of simultaneous connections that they support...
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
12-17-2013, 03:49 AM
I can connect with my main and alt acount at the same time, I can not connect with 2 characters of my main account..
So my question is do you use the same account or both have a own account ?
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Ensign
# 4
12-17-2013, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones1970 View Post
I can connect with my main and alt acount at the same time, I can not connect with 2 characters of my main account..
So my question is do you use the same account or both have a own account ?
We both have our own seperate accounts.
Career Officer
# 5
12-17-2013, 04:09 AM
I have three users in this household, 2 are on wifi the other is LAN, no issues to date.
Ensign
# 6
12-17-2013, 09:21 PM
So is there any way i can fix this?

EDIT: It now also kicks me no matter if he is or isn't playing, seems to hate my pc all of a sudden.

Last edited by blazethehusky; 12-18-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Career Officer
# 7
12-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazethehusky View Post
So is there any way i can fix this?

EDIT: It now also kicks me no matter if he is or isn't playing, seems to hate my pc all of a sudden.
Rebooting your router will probably correct this issue...

If you are hitting the network connection cap limits on your router, the only real solution is the purchase and use of a more capable router...
Captain
# 8
12-18-2013, 08:07 AM
You must have a fairly high-end router, and it must be configured just right.