Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Ensign
# 31 Graphics going pop...
11-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Think season 8 doesnt like amd..
Not getting quite as far as some of the above examples. As soon as the char starts to load on the char selection screen sto crashes and goes back to desktop. i have updated graphics driver about 6 days before season 8 released.

Sto was fine on full graphics before update

600 series amd card on windows 7 dx 11
Ensign
# 32 Video card option ingame.
11-21-2013, 01:26 PM
That's what i did and the weird space flipping out stuttering thing is gone. Whether you use Direct x 11, or 9 or whatever, it should fix it for you. until the next patch comes out.
Captain
# 33
11-21-2013, 01:31 PM
This has only started with todays patch but every so often my character will freezen and graphics will act like a kaliedoscope it lasts for half a second and is really intermittant. Why can't Cryptic not **** up when there patching something. Sheer incompetence
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Ensign
# 34
11-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
This has only started with todays patch but every so often my character will freezen and graphics will act like a kaliedoscope it lasts for half a second and is really intermittant. Why can't Cryptic not **** up when there patching something. Sheer incompetence
I'm having the same problem after the patch. It's annoying. Anyone know a fix?
Ensign
# 35
11-22-2013, 10:02 PM
I tried the solution they have posted above the thread, but the only problem is that the postprocessing button isn't lit up. I can't turn it on if I wanted to.
Ensign
# 36
11-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Post-processing isnt fixing it for me and some other players that I know, it just stopped it for a brief moment, but that lil bugger came back.
Lieutenant
# 37
11-27-2013, 02:03 PM
You know, I wish when they mentioned the post proc. issue, they had explained it a little. A lot of noobs, self included, kept trying to figure out why our gfx cards didn't have this option. DOH!! It's not the gfx card it's IN GAME options. Once I figured that out, I tweaked and now I can actually see the Sphere!! (Understanding is in the details!)
Ensign
# 38
12-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Not allowed to make new thread so hope this is the right place to ask this. To start STO I have to run in safe mode otherwise it freezes at the Legacy loading screen. Once in readjust graphics settings. Now as a returning player want to run through the new Fed Tutorial so roll new char and start loading. However I get no intro cut scene and instead get presented with the UI but the rest of the world is completely black. I've updated my Graphics, Sound, Chipset and LAN drivers. Tried running with and without Gameplay proxy. Used DX9, 9ex and 11. Graphics settings high, low and various levels in between. Origonal Install was through Steam, tried removing that and installed via Arc. Anyone have anything else I can try as I remember this game being fun and really want to get back into it.
Thanks

System Specs:
Alienware 14
i7-4700MQ
8GB RAM
GeForce GTX 765M & Intel HD4600 (Tried using both same issue no matter which I use)
Windows 7 64 Bit.

[b]EDIT:[b] Issue fixed. Anyone having the same issue I resolved by connecting though my Wireless and not direct to the router.

Last edited by veknor; 12-12-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Ensign
# 39
12-17-2013, 11:59 AM
I also cannot make a thread, even though I have had this account for perhaps close to a year. Odd.

I have not played ST:O in a few months and came back to experience the new content. I've noticed two issues recently that were not present before and I could not find any threads relating to them:

1. Upon game startup (after selecting a captain), the game will basically remain at less than 1 FPS for 1-2 minutes, sometimes approaching 3 minutes. After this, the game returns to more normal speeds, but this only happens upon loading up after choosing from the character selection screen. It happens regardless of which character I choose.

2. During gameplay, always on the ground but sometimes very rarely in space, my FPS can drop from 60+ to <20. I've had spikes send the frame rate as low as 1-5 FPS, which is mind-boggling and I wish I could say they were infrequent enough not to notice but they are jarring.

Ironically, the only thing to have changed since I last played is upgrading for more RAM and a better GPU from the same manufacturer with more than sufficient speed and VRAM.

I have tried messing with individual settings, and that can marginally increase the normal FPS, but never removes the spikes. They average a dozen or so a minute. Also, in cutscenes I'm anywhere between 120-180 FPS and spikes simply do not occur, even though the cutscenes are rendered with what I assume is the same engine as the main game. What gives?

Specs:

- AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor Black Edition
- SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
- Asus M4A79XTD EVO motherboard
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Ensign
# 40
12-19-2013, 03:21 AM
Game crashes randomly. Sometimes at the character select, sometimes in game. Error message says teh graphics card has recovered. STO is the only game I'm having issues with out of 128 owned titles on steam. This problem started after Dyson. Kinda sad X-Rebirth is more stable..