Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Nvidia SLi bug
01-12-2010, 06:53 PM
As i play the game with both of my Geforce 7950 GTOC SLi enabled. There is a vertical green line that increase and decreases as when hard drive works. When i shut down SLi it does go away. I do have the newest nvidia drivers, downloaded them Today. Really not noticing any effect on the game play just a nuisance. Thought you should Know.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Check your Nvidia Control Panel for SLI Indicators. It's a check box if I recall correctly. It's there to let you know that both cards are working and roughly how they are each doing. Might not be the problem but it sure sounds like what I see when I have that option checked.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately not many games, if any... really take advantage of the SLI feature. I have 2 9800gtx's that were in SLI after I had installed them a couple years ago... ended up switching it to where the one just acts as a gfx booster. I dont believe STO will be supporting the SLI feature either.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah it's an option in the control panel that you have turned on. It basically tells you what is bottlenecking. Your CPU or GPU.

Open the control panels and at the top, along with file, edit, it should say 3D SETTINGS. Unchecking everything under the drop and you should be good.
Lt. Commander
its beyond me why a person would run dual 9800gtx's for this game. my 9500GT works awesome and the graphics are fluid without any type of correction needed or problems.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2010, 01:58 PM
It is probably a local setting. I run a pair of 8800GTS in SLI mode and don't have your issues.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Deaux
It is probably a local setting. I run a pair of 8800GTS in SLI mode and don't have your issues.
I have the same cards...did you do anything special to make sure the game is using the SLi? It seems like it is when I exit the game both cards GPU's are about 80 degrees celcius acting like they both are being used.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttlecraft
I have the same cards...did you do anything special to make sure the game is using the SLi? It seems like it is when I exit the game both cards GPU's are about 80 degrees celcius acting like they both are being used.
I'm not exactly an expert on SLI technology, but basically the graphics cards are always linked in SLI mode if you have them activated through the graphics manager on your system. As I understand it, the graphics cards work in concert with each other even if the game is not specifically written for SLI graphics. I have the game resolution cranked up on the highest 16:9 ratio with high levels of detail on all graphics and I don't notice any significant lag or display issues. In fact with the big network crash of 1/13/10 I was the first player back in the instance, so I'm pleased with the graphics performance anyway.