Lt. Commander
# 11
01-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaeKaula View Post
I hate to admit it, but I've been on NPC chat for most of the day because of all the grape pressing. It happens during every OB in exactly the same sequence.

Cest La Vie
Grape pressing?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-13-2010, 07:00 PM
actually I was welcoming the silence from questions of blatantly stupid proportions in earth space dock lol.

Where's sulu? again and again and again

You guys should put a Big sign on the wall in front of the admirals office in big red letters Sulu is in here.

And by big sign I mean massive.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordguitar View Post
You can disable it in chat options by clicking the combadge icon
I guess I wasn't clear. Right now, Zone chat is across all instances of a particular zone - so every single person in, say, Sirius Sector Block share the same Zone chat. That's at least 150 instances with about 50 people each, which makes for a silly amount of chatter.

In Champions Online, Zone chat used to be restricted by instance - if you were in instance 3, you couldn't read or contribute to Zone chat in, say, instance 12. They changed that a while back to the current system, which STO also uses.

So, our only option is to turn off Zone chat completely - which, IMO, is actually detrimental to beta. I want to read people's questions, warnings, advice, etc. (and contribute when I can), but I'm not going to sift through the yakkity-yak of a thousand chattering monkeys to find the stuff that's actually relevant to beta testing.

...no offense to chattering monkeys, of course... Maybe Cryptic can give us Instance chats in addition to Zone chats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexion17 View Post
Grape pressing?
Making wine. Or whining.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-13-2010, 08:47 PM
I havent been able to find a ETA for when the servers are expected to be up.anyone have any info on that?
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Is anyone else having issues locating the " Sirius Sector Block " ? Theres another system I can't find either, in the Orion system, 3 or 4 letter name.... Everything was else was pretty obviously placed, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a couple places...
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetad45 View Post
Is anyone else having issues locating the " Sirius Sector Block " ? Theres another system I can't find either, in the Orion system, 3 or 4 letter name.... Everything was else was pretty obviously placed, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a couple places...
Go to the sol system and go to sector space. now dont do anything because you are in the sirius sector block. Also open the map and look around in it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-14-2010, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordguitar View Post
Go to the sol system and go to sector space. now dont do anything because you are in the sirius sector block. Also open the map and look around in it.
After a while of stuff like "Where's Sulu?" or "Where is the Sirrus Sector Block?" you're not sure if people are being serious and are that retarded, or that they're just poking fun. About the time I tend to switch off is when everyone starts *****ing and comparing to completely irrellivant MMO games.

Seriously anyone even utters the words "Star Wars Galaxies was better" again and I will begin a very vocal petition to allow us to GM mark them for some sorta ban or same-faction PvP action, because until Tabula Rasa that was the worse MMO ever made and frankly anyone who felt otherwise really must've had some sorta labotomy done on them at an early age.

I think what frustrates me more about many of the whinings about other MMOs being better is what people often seem to ignore is that they're in a pre-release of the game and are comparing them to game that have had years to mature. Look at EVE Online, yes it's a pretty fantastic if not a little too complicated MMO but it's been going since 2001 ... that's 9 years to get to the stage their at! World of ******** isn't that far behind either as that's had 6 years to mature and yet even they still have major issues. (one of which being I find it to be an extremely boring game lol)

Do hope that they add in a bit more to the tutorial to help players learn the functions a bit better (unfortunately a majority will need a voice over explaining the stuff as they won't read it... funny that given 90% of the storyline is written in any MMO) in-particular if nothing else there needs to be small tutorials on the fact that there are different tabs for the Map that show the Galaxy and System Lists. As well as a tutorial on why "Hailing Starfleet" is an awesome function of the game

I think the maps for the Starbases could probably do with some improvement, as someone suggested above may just sign posts that list the Characters in that area with a mouse-over for what service they provide. Maybe more of it will improve when more people have a manual they can check but for the most part much of it does need to be explained in-game. However what ppl need to really remember is that this is exactly what the Open Beta is meant for.

In closed beta most of the players are pre-occupied finding major issues, that they often forget the learning curve especially given that you more often than not have to deal with content that hasn't even been added. The changes and polish in just the last week leading up to Open Beta were staggering to say the least in terms of being able to find stuff. Missions in particular have seriously improved to a point where, more now will accept the fact you've completed objectives, where-as before you could've been doing objectives for hours with the game claiming you've done nothing towards the mission... try that for frustrating :p

Hopefully the server will be back up again soon, kinda getting bored waiting to play since I woke up 5minutes before the "emergency maintainance" lol

I do have a request of the developers though, could we get a map on the website of the Galaxy. I keep meaning to take a screenshot to print it off but forget and would rather a high resolution one I don't have to crop or such. Remember having one with Elite 2 Frontier, alright that's an old game but it was a map of vistable areas of the galaxy which really helped me get around quicker. Might be useful others as well.