Ensign
# 31
12-22-2013, 02:45 AM
You, sir, are my hero. Now I can finally try the game. I hope. I'll try this solution now and will let you know what happened.

You have my thanks for posting a, for me still, possible solution.

EDIT: It worked. Jesus christ what a fail that there isn't a general message for this fix. Thank you!

Last edited by marshok; 12-22-2013 at 02:47 AM.
Ensign
# 32
12-22-2013, 02:50 AM
For others who have this problem:

infinite5oul
This man has proposed another workable solution, one that worked for me.
Actually, it is so simple I'm shocked no admin or other members of staff mentioned this.

Go to the STO folder (located in The Perfect World folder) and right click Star Trek Online.exe
Go to compatability and tick the 'run as administrator' box. This will allow you to use the login button and allow you to patch the game as well (it is a large patch).

All credit will go to infinite5oul for fixing this. And all shame should go to the developer and forum admins for not sharing this information.
Ensign
# 33 Works
12-22-2013, 11:56 AM
I got it to work after I did the run as admin that was mentioned above. I guess that is going to be the only way to run STO.

Cheers!
Ensign
# 34
12-23-2013, 04:16 PM
its work for me and this is first time i login in game and now is patching 8gb
Ensign
# 35
12-24-2013, 05:23 AM
Hi can someone help me because when i was in game i changed a setting to improve performance and i was
something to do with the graphics card and now my game know longer loads be cause it goes through the loading sign with cryptic on it then it changes and shows an image of legacy of Romulus and then it goes black and you hear the music of the start menu where your characters are and about 30 seconds later it closes and says some thing about a fatal error, i don't know what to do.
Ensign
# 36
12-24-2013, 06:39 AM
why the launcher dont work . its this arc system never had issues before
Career Officer
# 37
12-24-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforbidden View Post
Hi can someone help me because when i was in game i changed a setting to improve performance and i was
something to do with the graphics card and now my game know longer loads be cause it goes through the loading sign with cryptic on it then it changes and shows an image of legacy of Romulus and then it goes black and you hear the music of the start menu where your characters are and about 30 seconds later it closes and says some thing about a fatal error, i don't know what to do.
Try using the 'Safe Mode' in the launcher options. This should allow you to get into the game with 'minimal' graphics settings, and from there, you can reset them to what you like...
Ensign
# 38
12-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Try downloading the latest "Star Trek Online.exe" from the official sticky http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=505501

use that to replace the existing one.
Ensign
# 39
12-25-2013, 02:40 PM
The trouble I am having is... I enter my user name/email, then my password, and click the login button and... nothing happens. What's going on? I want to play...
Ensign
# 40
12-26-2013, 04:08 PM
This solution worked for me too! Thanks for posting.