Lt. Commander
# 31
01-14-2010, 07:13 AM
ok i never even noticed on my 5870 well i thought it looked a little jagged in places, but i cant see why there having problems with AA it works fine in Champions Online and its the exact same engine!!
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-14-2010, 07:54 AM
How annoying and I've just ordered that 5850 as well, lets hope they get this sorted soon!
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSloane
How annoying and I've just ordered that 5850 as well, lets hope they get this sorted soon!
yeh, i've been using a 5850, the AA issue is a big one. everything looks disgusting.

i really hope they are looking into this. there seems to be, from what i read, a risk for ghettoness here. i see dev posts responding to nvidia threads, but nothing on the ati issues.

now, it is beta, and i am not qq'ing, but my hope is that this is fixed at some point. or, at the very least, confirmation from cryptic that these jagged edges and blocky graphics are going to be a temp situation...
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-14-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywrong View Post
yeh, i've been using a 5850, the AA issue is a big one. everything looks disgusting.

i really hope they are looking into this. there seems to be, from what i read, a risk for ghettoness here. i see dev posts responding to nvidia threads, but nothing on the ati issues.

now, it is beta, and i am not qq'ing, but my hope is that this is fixed at some point. or, at the very least, confirmation from cryptic that these jagged edges and blocky graphics are going to be a temp situation...
indeed we could at least get a post to ease our worries. I *need* AA! this is a HUGE issue and doesn't seem to be getting the attention it deserves.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-14-2010, 08:17 AM
It's amazing how many players are quik to accuse cryptic of anything and anything, yet they fail to do a simple forum search.

AA in regards to ATI cards is disabled in the game. You can't foce it, or activate it ingame. This is because there is a serious coding error in the game and drivers which, (in simple english) Screws up your game and will make it chain crash. To ensure everyone can play, Cryptic took the route of disabling the AA option so you can still test.

Don't worry though as Cryptic and ATI are working together to rectify this A.S.A.P, so all you can do is be patient.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
It's amazing how many players are quik to accuse cryptic of anything and anything, yet they fail to do a simple forum search.

AA in regards to ATI cards is disabled in the game. You can't foce it, or activate it ingame. This is because there is a serious coding error in the game and drivers which, (in simple english) Screws up your game and will make it chain crash. To ensure everyone can play, Cryptic took the route of disabling the AA option so you can still test.

Don't worry though as Cryptic and ATI are working together to rectify this A.S.A.P, so all you can do is be patient.
err, we KNOW this. the point is we want it fixed!
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
err, we KNOW this. the point is we want it fixed!

We all do. I run an ATI card. My point is, shouting, screaming and threatening cryptic wont achieve faster results. They have to evaluate, track down, create a fix, test it on multiple cards, then release it. This takes time. Something a lot of forum goers can't seem to get a grasp of.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:

We all do. I run an ATI card. My point is, shouting, screaming and threatening cryptic wont achieve faster results. They have to evaluate, track down, create a fix, test it on multiple cards, then release it. This takes time. Something a lot of forum goers can't seem to get a grasp of.
I thought we were playing a beta test, we are the testers. and if you think not making your concerns heard is a way to get developers to get things done you havn't played many mmo's have you.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-14-2010, 08:40 AM
A lot of the confusion and anger is because (for some people, including me) AA works fine on ATI cards in Champions Online (which uses the same game/graphics engine as STO).
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:

i haven't done that bro.

if you are talking about someone else in this thread, thats fine. i appreciate what you said, but i want to hear it from them.

now, i have read all threads on this issue, and have read that it is a 'known' issue. i know its been disabled for 'some' cards. but beyond that, there are no specifics.

whats wrong with pointing out that any further communication would be helpful? whats wrong with pointing out that random nvidia threads are being responded to by devs and ati's threads are not?

this is the problem, you don't seem to know exactly what to say except just blindly defend cryptic.

yes, its beta, but i want to make sure this is a temp issue.

there's nothing wrong with that. this is the area to post pc and tech issues for peer and cryptic support... so just chill bro. you don't like it here in this thread? there's an 'x' that marks the spot in the top right that might solve your problem. lucky for you, thats all it takes. i need something a lil more to fix mine.

thanks!