Career Officer
# 11
12-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
2.) Vendor Voices
I've had to turn off ALL voices to stop the nonstop yelling by the chef, epohh breeder and etc. How about a separate audio on/off for special event NPCs?

3.) Fastest Game on Ice line jumpers
Why when someone runs up and starts the race the same time I'm trying to start it, we both wave, then they get ported to the track and my race gets auto-failed? Then I have to run back and reacquire the race while the line-jumper gets to run the race. I have yet to 'win' the starting over a line jumper.

4.) Raising Epohhs 24hr cooldown
Why 24hrs when the Race is on 20hrs? Makes it hard for people who can't be on all the time. You can't 'walk' the time back for easier access on later days.
OMG YES! Very annoying!

2) I have no idea why they haven't bothered changing this in the last patch. Guess they do want us to shut off our volume.

3) My frustration is growing at this. They originally put in that stupid line after people complained about this in WW1, and now people are jumping in line again, instead of actually waiting! They need to force people to stand in line!!

4) My guess is Cryptic purposely did this so players wouldn't farm Epohhs.

I like to add to this:

5) Fast and Flurious

They need need to get rid of this race or given us alternatives. You see so much hate in the WW zone chat when the races happen. People complaining about bunny hoppers, people leaping over the gate, and of course the infamous stealing the flag from another player.

It's like Cryptic purposely made this race to be sadisic and cause players to fight amongst themselves.

If they are having this race in next year, they better add an alternative. Perhaps a single-player version of the race with additional obstacles, that players can do 1 at a time between the Fast and Flurious race.

6) Winter Invasion

Make Acccolades - Team accolades, not individual. You got players squabbling over Gingerbread men or candy piles.

And give us a way to turn in those lumps of coal and Gingerbread Men pets for something good, and not clutter our inventory with useless junk.
Captain
# 12
12-29-2013, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
Why?!?! DON'T YOU WANT AN EPOHH FRIEND?!?!?!
Only if they're good as a tasty treat.
Career Officer
# 13
12-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Why when someone runs up and starts the race the same time I'm trying to start it, we both wave, then they get ported to the track and my race gets auto-failed? Then I have to run back and reacquire the race while the line-jumper gets to run the race. I have yet to 'win' the starting over a line jumper.
Wish they'd force players into a queuing system that way the impatient bugger will have no choice but to wait. Sadly, the only way I personally know of working around the bastardi is to go to another zone and try your luck there...
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ

Last edited by a3001; 12-29-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Career Officer
# 14
12-29-2013, 11:09 PM
More importantly than anything, we need to get 3 handled. It's getting out of hand.

It's not impatient people anymore, it's just griefing at this point. There are people who wait behind other people for nearly 10-15 minutes straight like it's a game of chicken. Yesterday I had it happen to me 3 times in a row before I could start the dumb race.

If we can't all work this out like adults, then the bug has to be fixed by next year.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-30-2013, 05:58 AM
don't you want an epohh friend!!!?
Captain
# 16
12-30-2013, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
5) Fast and Flurious
Perhaps a single-player version of the race with additional obstacles, that players can do 1 at a time between the Fast and Flurious race.
LOOOOOOOOOL.. really? Maybe what you want is an I Win Botton.

The race is fun, and even if you loss with out doing any effort you get a reward. Is the only part of the game that awards the effort and the best player, something that is really common in any succefull MMO.

Leave the race alone, is the only motive to enter the winter event. I am not against alternatives way to earn tags, but if you want to earn 12 tags, win the race.

I am tired of players calling STO a hard game..

At first I lost every race, then I began to practice alone, making the circuit after hours (no event). A few days later, I won all the races. Yes, I took me time and effort to win.. consider that before asking nerf.

Ohh.. and btw, asking for something in the game to be removed because you dont like, is extremely selfish.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com

Last edited by cerritourug; 12-30-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
12-30-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killdozer9211 View Post
More importantly than anything, we need to get 3 handled. It's getting out of hand.

It's not impatient people anymore, it's just griefing at this point. There are people who wait behind other people for nearly 10-15 minutes straight like it's a game of chicken. Yesterday I had it happen to me 3 times in a row before I could start the dumb race.

If we can't all work this out like adults, then the bug has to be fixed by next year.
Have you thought about changing zones?... I don't even care to stand in a queue; hell, if I see 2 people standing there, change zone. Matter of seconds. 10 or 15 minutes to wait? Sorry but then you're either not watching or taking a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
LOOOOOOOOOL.. really? Maybe what you want is an I Win Botton.

The race is fun, and even if you loss with out doing any effort you get a reward. Is the only part of the game that awards the effort and the best player, something that is really common in any succefull MMO.

Leave the race alone, is the only motive to enter the winter event. I am not against alternatives way to earn tags, but if you want to earn 12 tags, win the race.

I am tired of players calling STO a hard game..
Ohh.. and btw, asking for something in the game to be removed because you dont like, is extremely selfish.
After the caitian jump nerf thread I don't take it seriously anymore.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Career Officer
# 18
12-30-2013, 06:57 AM
The entire event is an annoyance. Even outside of it. The forums get flooded every year with "where are the winter scarves for this new species" and "no winter costumes for this spevies?". "Why can't I use this color for this scarf on my so-and-so". Seriously, there are more important things the devs have to work on than what damn once a year item you can or can't get.
Captain
# 19
12-30-2013, 07:27 AM
The most annoying is most def the VO. I go there do what I have to do then I'm outta there.

However as annoying as they are, there can not be anything over Christmassy in the Winter Wonderland as there are player that do not recognise this time of year due to their own culteral beliefs, so therefore the VO was basically the safe option.
Live long and Prosper
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
12-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
1.) "They're Entering The Final Stretch!"
Hmm, no. If you look at the map, you start at 9 o'clock position, and the announcement of the final stretch is at the 3 o'clock position. That's about 2/3 the way, not anywhere near 'final'. The final stretch is generally the final straightaway on an oval track. By that definition, the final stretch of this race is very very near the end.

2.) Vendor Voices
I've had to turn off ALL voices to stop the nonstop yelling by the chef, epohh breeder and etc. How about a separate audio on/off for special event NPCs?

4.) Raising Epohhs 24hr cooldown
Why 24hrs when the Race is on 20hrs? Makes it hard for people who can't be on all the time. You can't 'walk' the time back for easier access on later days.
I agree, ESPECIALLY with the middle two.

I'd like to add the trolls to this list--the WW jerks are particularly nasty. Like ESD all over again.