Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Ensign
# 41
12-30-2013, 11:58 AM
I have a problem. After i intall the game and download everything, i play the game for as much as i want. When i start for the second time it shows all of the loading screens after i press ENGAGE and than the entire screen is black. The game is running and i can click on the background but god knows what i am clicking. Pls i need some help.
Commander
# 42
01-30-2014, 06:53 AM
My client got completely broken after S8.5 prepatch. Yesterday evening it was all fine, after exit I waited until the prepatch finished. Today I thought I check on my toons before 8.5 madness, but the game didn't start. The launcher worked fine, The first loading screen too, but when it finished, all I got was a black screen, music playing in the backgroound and the in-game cursor, which moved fine, but didn't react to any click.
The Borg is UP, PLS BUFF
Revamp the DEFIANT
Don't buy the Xindi BOff
Say NO to ARC
Ensign
# 43
01-30-2014, 07:10 PM
Just came on to say that I tried (i really did try) to give this game another try after months of not playing. And I come to this...

http://puu.sh/6EpFn.jpg

I'm not gonna spend 2 hours in the dark trying to figure out where the <explative> i'm trying to go and then get sruck in a <explative> corner trying to get there only to have to <explative> do the whole <explative> thing over again.
Ensign
# 44
01-31-2014, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppenrazor View Post
Just came on to say that I tried (i really did try) to give this game another try after months of not playing. And I come to this...

http://puu.sh/6EpFn.jpg

I'm not gonna spend 2 hours in the dark trying to figure out where the <explative> i'm trying to go and then get sruck in a <explative> corner trying to get there only to have to <explative> do the whole <explative> thing over again.
Having this exact same issue on my laptop with an ATI mobility Radeon HD4250 video card. Win7 system, tried all DX modes to no avail. On my workstation with an Nvidea Quadro card all is working fine though.
Lt. Commander
# 45 Known Issues
02-02-2014, 05:40 AM
I did the Step between Stars and I enjoyed it. I did it at the price of screwing up my visuals. I got everything fixed on it except that all the ships above ESD were blurry. I found that /renderscale .9 cleared up all my visuals. If you are having problems after that mission and your visuals are weird after just try the /renderscale .9 in the chat window.

Grendel the Wise
USS ATTILA KHAN (NX-921911)
Ensign
# 46
02-02-2014, 03:00 PM
My current issues with Season 8.5 are as follows

Certain zones such as the Klingon academy used to load with no issues. Now the game client crashes every time i try to load into them. Right now i just think it could be random maps but then again yesterday I could play the vault Shuttle map. Today the client crashes every time I try to get in there.

However i did figure out a work around. That would be switching the compatibility from windows 8 to windows Xp sp3. However when I change the compatibility all sound and anything audio related goes kaput.

All my drivers are up to date.
So right now i either take the chance and play with sound and gamble on which zone will crash the game client.

Or

Play with no sound or audio.

Now if i can figure a way to get sound and audio from my xp sp3 compatibility workaround i'll be happy right now i'm just a bit frustrated.
Ensign
When you try to adjust the master volume in the settings panel of the game, the game crashes when you click ok. I noticed this happening when I have iTunes playing. I have not tried it any other way. I am running Windows 7 with DirectX 11.
Ensign
# 48 Possibly a known issue??
02-06-2014, 06:09 AM
So I'm playing STO on the mac and I've had pretty glitchy graphics throughout (lots of white balance problems - transporter signatures are black, all the shine on clothing/hair is black etc) but it's been playable so I haven't minded too much. but now this:

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing

any help? glitchy graphics I can cope with. block white environments... maybe not...
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybareil View Post
So I'm playing STO on the mac and I've had pretty glitchy graphics throughout (lots of white balance problems - transporter signatures are black, all the shine on clothing/hair is black etc) but it's been playable so I haven't minded too much. but now this:

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing

any help? glitchy graphics I can cope with. block white environments... maybe not...
It looks like the missing texture and icons bug as does your description of earlier experiences ('missing' here also includes substitution - whiteouts, blackouts, another colour or low res texture).
Been around for some since S8 but plenty of new players are reporting incidents since in S8.5. Check out the thread and if happy post your hardware specs there, as they are being collated and it would be useful to get a few more affected Mac configurations.

Last edited by russellca; 02-06-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Ensign
# 50 partly resolved?
02-08-2014, 04:43 AM
so after the last patch i was able to play the dyson sphere ep (the whole of the background wasn't stark white any more) but I'm still having all the same colour/texture issues I've been having since the start.

Screenshots here:
http://imgur.com/a/gIIsr

this is how it's all looked from day 1. it's 100% playable but it looks like crap.

I'm playing the Mac Beta on a MacBook Air. No fancy graphics card or anything just what it came with:

Processor 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (playing the game from a terabyte external HDD)
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
Software OS X 10.8.2

thoughts/help?